Chapter 11: Fun with the enemy

The next day at Bryant Park, which was a very popular year-round destination in New York City and in the middle was an ice skating rink and approaching the ice rink was Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia, Paige, Kendall, Jill, Kelly Holly and Melissa. Before heading to the studio, they decided to have some fun first at Jill's insistence. They were at first apprehensive, but Jill kept insisting that they should have some fun so they had no choice but to go along with it, knowing Abby and Dominic would not be happy campers and should they find out, Jill would take the blame as she had orchestrated this.

"It's kind of nice to unwind and get away from Abby and Dominic." Nia commented.

"But you know they'll kill us if they find out that they weren't at the studio and were at the skating rink." Maddie warned.

"We're here to have some fun." Kendall stated. "It's too bad Asia, Chloe and Brooke aren't here with us having fun."

"They're playing it safe like we should be, but no, Jill convinced us into going to the ice skating rink." Mackenzie told them.

"We should be at the studio rehearing. Jill, why did you have to convince us to come to the ice skating rink?" Melissa grumbled.

"This is a great time to be away from Abby and Dominic breathing down our backs all the time." Jill said.

"We would rather have them on our backs instead of risking getting injured." Kelly muttered.

"Yeah." Holly agreed.

"You'd all let Abby and her son walk all over you?!"

"Better that then to go behind their backs." Melissa stated, then all of a sudden, they saw that Cathy was arriving at the ice skating rink and with her was Vivi, her team of boys, their moms and a girl around 12. "Oh, boy."

"Hello, everybody. How are you all doing?" Cathy greeted.

"Cathy's a stalker." Nia mumbled.

"She's not only finding us at competitions, but recreational activities." Paige added. "Had she been in Chicago and went to a Bulls or a Blackhawks game, Miss Abby and Dominic would have gotten out of there."

"I would like to introduce you to Victoria Miller, no relation to those two bozos and she'll be dancing with us. She is actually from Studio Larkin, but she's a guest for Candy Apples as she won an audition." Cathy introduced, talking about the girl who was with them as the girls all waved at Victoria and then Cathy saw that Abby, Dominic, Chloe, Asia, Brooke, Christi and Kristie were not there. "Where is Abby and her kid? I thought this would be Abby and Dominic on ice!"

Kelly and Holly only rolled their eyes while Jill was trying not to laugh.

"What brings you to Bryant Park?" Melissa asked.

"We came to skate with you and let bygones be bygones." Cathy answered and then they started to ice skate together.

Meanwhile, Abby and Dominic were walking down after having some lunch and they were walking south on 6th Avenue as the two were heading back to the studio to rehearse. Chloe, Brooke, Asia, Gianna, Kristie and Christi were already there waiting for the others to come back so they could begin

"That was a really good lunch." Dominic told Abby.

"It sure was." Abby told him. "How about we take a quick visit to the Bryant Park before we head back to the studio?"

"Sure thing."

Abby and Dominic both entered the park and were admiring everything, then they decided to check out the skating rink and found a table to sit down at, then something caught Dominic's eye.