Chapter 14: The New Apples Strike

The next day it was Dominic's 17th birthday and that morning, Abby decided to take him out for breakfast and they were at Eggy's Diner, a diner on Benton Place and they were enjoying their breakfast as it had just been brought to their table.

"We had a fun showcase despite Jill's griping during the dress rehearsal." Abby said.

"Yeah and again, thanks for the early birthday surprise at the end of the show when the cake was brought out." Dominic told Abby.

"You're very welcome, Domino."

"Mom, when i woke up earlier, i got word that our next competition will be in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and in addition, i found out that Cathy and her minions are going to be there as well with two additional dancers that she poached named Lucas Triana and Brooke Shore aka Brooklyn. She's gonna have a trio and a group dance." Dominic informed.

"Not surprising." Abby commented.

"But Cathy knows we're the better studio, she just doesn't want to admit it."

"You know it."

The next day at the studio, the girls and their moms with the exception of Kendall and Jill were in Studio A as Abby and Dominic stood near the pyramid.

"Congratulations, girls and moms." Abby said. "The annual ALDC dance concert is over and it went off without a single hitch and also, we celebrated Dominic's 17th birthday even though it was the day prior to his actual birthday."

The girls and moms applauded Dominic as he nodded, then pyramid went by.

"This weekend, we'll be traveling to Lancaster, Pennsylvania to attend Believe and it is going to be huge because it's a new competition that we've never went to and it is a prestigious competition. Also, yesterday, i got word that the wicked witch of the west aka Cathy is going to be there as well." Dominic informed as everybody groaned.

"Oh, boy." Kelly muttered.

"You can say that again." Christi agreed.

"So, instead of having solos, we're gonna do something different this time, we'll have a trio and a group and everybody even Mackenzie will be in the group dance named Open Waters and like Dominic said, the wicked witch of the west will be there and we'll fight fire with fire with a trio known as Castaways and in it will be Chloe, Nia and Paige."

Chloe, Nia and Paige smiled as they hugged.

"Remember, we are not going to lose to that accursed witch, the only accursed people in your lives are us." Dominic added. "Girls, spread apart and moms, you're dismissed.

The moms all headed upstairs to the observation room and it felt really relaxed with Jill not being there.

"I can tell Abby and Dom are going slow on this." Melissa pointed out.

"Yeah, it's great that they are telling the girls in detail what is needed." Christi added.

"My prediction is because of Cathy." Kelly predicted.

"Good point." Holly said.

"I know that you have faced Cathy even before Asia and i came on to the team and without Jill griping and Kendall messing things up, i think we will become a more cohesive unit." Kristie told them.

"But don't be surprised if Jill and Kendall sneak themselves back in here." Christi warned.

"Yeah." Kelly agreed.

The next day, Abby and Dominic were watching the group and Dominic noticed that something was off.

"Mom, remember when we talked about the secret weapon for the group two days ago on my birthday?" Dominic asked Abby.