Chapter 13: 2013 Showcase

It was a whole new week as the day was June 10th, pyramid was complete and they were about to talk about what was gonna happen for the new week.

"This week, we will not be traveling anywhere and you want to know why?" Abby said. "It's because this upcoming weekend will be the annual Abby Lee Dance Company concert and it's gonna be a tough week for all who are involved with quick changes, back to back numbers and that is different from when we go to a competition."

"For assignments, everybody's gonna do a solo with most of you doing solos you've done before. The group dance for the showcase is Sugar Babies." Dominic informed, then he looked at Kendall. "Kendall will be given a new solo, called I Got Rhythm and you've got to be focused on the task at hand, got it?"

Kendall nodded, but Jill glared, she did not want Kendall to do the only new solo because she felt that it would make her uncomfortable. Jill was about to gripe, but one glare from Dominic made her stop in her tracks.

"In addition, we'll be doing something different, Brooke is going to do a live performance of your song Summer Love Song and in addition, you'll be doing a photoshoot for the magazine called Dance Track and it's the very first time that the magazine has interviewed kids and one of you will be chosen for the cover. All right, you can spread apart and moms, you can head out."

As the rehearsals started, the moms were chattering.

"I want o be sure i'm not going off the rails or anything." Jill stated. "But do you agree with the things that i said lately?"

"No." Christi answered.

"You have to let it go and let Abby, Gianna and Dominic do their job." Melissa added.

"What she said." Kelly added.

"I don't know why they're giving My Little Kendall a new solo, they're saying that she's terrible except for everybody else as they've had nothing nice to say the day we got here." Jill fumed.

"Abby and her son will throw a challenge to our girls to make them better." Kristie said.

"They know what they're doing." Melissa commented.

"To tell you the truth, i cannot sit back and continue to let Abby and Dominic belittle my kid, if i do, then i'm giving them more power."

"We'd rather give Abby power than to make a fool of our daughters and ourselves." Kelly told her.

"Jill is somewhat taking this personally that her daughter has to learn new choreography. Christi said to the other moms.

"Yeah, Jill needs to let it go and be appreciative because this is an awesome opportunity for Kendall since she'll be learning a new dance." Kristie added.

"A showcase is about doing previous dances that has already been done." Jill stated.

"We get that and all, but it doesn't hurt to learn a new dance at a recital for once." Kelly commented.

"Yeah, Dominic even did a new solo for a showcase a few years ago." Christi added.

"I know that, but i have held my tongue, but not this time, My Little Kendall isn't doing the solo and having her doing the solo will vindicate Abby and even Dominic and having a dancer do a solo the week of the recital, nobody does that." Jill retorted.

"Abby's done that for years, so..." Kelly shrugged.

The next day, Abby was talking to Gianna at the front desk while Dominic was helping the girls with their dances.

"You know, Dominic's birthday is the day after the showcase. Maybe we can surprise him at curtain call by letting everybody know that the day after the showcase is his birthday and bring out a birthday cake as Happy Birthday is sung to him." Gianna suggested to Abby.