(52) What is Honesty?

You're reading and you're not following? What are you doing?? You're lying to yourself by not following—but then again, What is Honesty?

~

Everyone says that Honesty is a crucial key for any relationship to work. Let it be romantic or platonic, honesty plays a major role in one's life.

But is it always the key? Would you rather be honest to someone even though you know it'll hurt them or would you lie so they can stay in pure bliss? Whether everybody likes it or not, we all lie; it's either to deceive or manipulate; protect or to save. We lie. After all, in the end, despite being honest you still receive a reasonable amount of consequences.

The loud noises didn't stop. Raised voices filling the whole house and reaching the outside world. When David and Darryl hesitantly opened the door it seemed that the married couple were too caught up in their argument to acknowledge or even notice their presence.

"You're just getting worse! We've got to tell him!"

"Henry, have you seen the joy in our boy's eyes? Why do I need to burden him with this worry if he can continue living on and enjoying new things for himself!"

"Whether you like it or not, David will find out sooner, Dianne!" Henry reasoned to his wife who's face have turned into a fine shade of hot pink.

"I know! But-"

By this, David has decided he already heard enough. "What, what do I need to know?" his voice surprised both adults, swiftly turning to his direction with faces akin to a deer caught in the arrow's way. 

His mother stuttered suddenly feeling lost for words. Dianne cast her gaze down the floor, unable to meet her son's eyes in fear to see the look of betrayal ready to surface, thus, Henry took over explaining the situation.

"David, your mother is..." he held his wife from the side, looking back at his son with sadness and guilt. "She's sick, son," he stared straight into his eyes, serious yet careful, "a deadly one."

Finding out that he was holding his breath all this time, the hero exhaled it all out in an attempt to keep his anxiety at bay.

"For how long?"

The couple stayed silent, letting a beat pass by, then "Five months."

His hand flew to grip his hair, frustration bringing down his usually calm demeanour. David gave his parents a scandalized look. "And you couldn't have told me this because? Ma, I've always sent you letters and you haven't mentioned a single illness."

"We didn't want to bother you, David." They reasoned.

"Ma, Pa, do you know how much of a fool I feel right now?" It felt as if he had shrunk back to being the small, fragile kid he was. Being treated as 'not ready' so they would usually leave him out of things.

Dianne took a step forward, arms raised and ready to cradle her child. "Oh, Davey, we didn't mean-" 

But he's different now, he had grown into a very skilled hero. He had made a name for himself and have certainly proved his worth of being trust-worthy.

"Bother me? You're my mother! I could've done something to help!"

"We've done everything we can, David, there's no cure for this one." The couple's faces showed to be apologetic. Melancholy expressions shared in between as they were reminded of the reality of Dianne's illness.

Technoblade scoffed. "What's next? You've travelled straight to the West and asked a witch for possible cures? The whole house is actually for sale?" He proposed problems in which he believes he could've done something to aid.

"David, please, you're being overdramatic-"

"I'm being overdramatic? Ma, you're dying! What's being 'over' there? Can't you both see? If you hadn't told me, I will forever spend the rest of my life thinking that I could've done something." he snapped before eventually softening,

"Did you think I wouldn't care? That it wouldn't hurt?" He sighed and turned to leave, clenching his fists by the sides.

His brunette was quick to follow him, grabbing his elbow with a weak pull. He could've easily shaken him off but chose not to.

"Techno, please, think about this. Breathe, we can-" he is oddly too calm about this as if he already knew...

"Did you know about this?"

The silence that followed has only confirmed his suspicions. The guilty looks, biting lip and constant tucking of hair —he knew. He knew and it only cut deeper than intended.

"I won't repeat myself, it's a yes or no, Bad, did you know about this?"

BadBoyHalo looked down, guilt overriding his features as he kept his gaze stuck on the dirt path they stood. "Yes, your mother told me the night before..." Technoblade couldn't help but feel betrayed.

In a deep yet soft voice, he asked, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Dianne told me not to because she wanted to do it herself and- and I believe that I don't have the right to intervene–"

Techno had to cut in,

"What would've happened if my mother just went up and gone, huh? Did you even think of how much pain it'll cost me?" How much it'll cost you?

Just imagine the chain that would link and connect. The guilt that'll course through the other, the pain that will hit him. He's purposely being kept in the dark like a child. It's as if he's unreliable. Was he even going to tell him?

"Bad, I know it's not your place but don't you think that I deserved to know?" 

Now that they're together, doesn't he deserve to get involved? He doesn't want to push Bad in case he suddenly makes him uncomfortable; Technoblade knows how guarded the brunette is. Don't get him wrong, he's willing to wait but— it doesn't change the fact that it's slowly making him insecure. Is he that untrustworthy?

The pink-head knew it wasn't the other's place yet the feeling of being lied to; a secret being kept from—this was a stinging reminder that he was still in the dark. That he still barely knows anything about the other.

Transparency? The man scoffed, yeah right. He wanted to keep being mad but in the end, he was left feeling defeated. It silences everything around them. The title boyfriend suddenly feels useless. When vibrant brown eyes met emerald greens,

"Why can't you just tell me?"

Say, why can't you just trust me?

Leave a vote for more! ÒwÓ

I keep rereading my skeletal plot to see if I need to add more stuff, it tells me that this will be over real quick. 

Don't forget to FOLLOW for moooree Rare pairs! or idk... stories. Gotta spread the word! ye maniacs.

-Be_Del<3