(34) Sunset Before The Dark

Not a day would pass by if the light doesn't disappear for a while.

~

"There, done!"

David heard the other exclaimed, smoothening out his shirt's collar with a proud smile. Darryl raised his head, widened green met staring brown... It was when the brown-haired boy noticed how close their faces had become. 

Techno kept their eyes in contact, noting the slow spread of red blush across the male's cheeks and to the tip of his ears. He also caught a glimpse of Bad's eyes glancing down his lips and can't help but do the same thing to his. His heart pound against his chest, his body freezing up in reluctance. 

He was right there, he's so close! He could just lean down, close the gap, capture—

"Ahaha... look, the sun's beginning to set. Maybe we should go before any mobs could spawn."

Bad stepped back, scratching the back of his neck whilst he gestured to the left where the sun was heading. Hiding the disappointment in his face, Technoblade pried his gaze away from the flustered man and towards the sky. 

It was painted with fading light blue, contrasting against the sun's orange rays that slowly transitions to pink behind the valley's silhouette. The typical, mystical sunset that everybody loves. Everything except for the faint bubbling purple that looked like particles popping out of thin air. It brought along an almost familiar view, his sense of smell catches a whiff of an all too scent he hadn't smelled in years.

Technoblade glanced to the other hero who was currently distracted by the sight in front of them. Bad's eyes were practically shining, his grin beaming like the sun.

Something about the sun leaving or arriving always seems to attract a lot of viewers. Maybe it was the fact that it only happens once for each. The sunrise and the sunset. And when they do happen, it was only for a few amount of minutes before it vanishes again, leaving the sky either covered with black or bathed in a light blue hue. 

Maybe this was it; the right time to tell him. They had a nice dinner, talked, alone, and a romantic sight? What else did he need? This was perfect!

Technoblade gulped. "Bad, I—"

"Heyooo, Bad!" Of—fucking—course nothing stays perfect forever. The pink-haired man shut his mouth, a deep frown replacing it almost instantly. His nostrils flared in annoyance, taking every particle in his being to keep his composure up.

They both turned to see the direction they were supposed to go to see the dream team walking up to them. Sapnap was the one who interrupted, his hand enthusiastically waving as he walks besides Dream who had his hands buried deep in his hoodie's pockets. George was also there too, nodding at the pair in acknowledgement. 

The group closed the distance towards them, both Sapnap and George facing Bad with smiles visible on their faces leaving only Dream staring at Technoblade. The latter scrunched up his nose in distaste, knowing full well if the blond wasn't wearing his mask, he would have the most smug looking expression in the whole MunVadXel lands. It was as if he knew they interrupted something very important for the pink head.

"You should totally join us!"

"What? I— I still didn't get my bag—"

"Don't worry, I have a spare bow in my Hotbar. I could lend it to you for this quest."

"Oh, alright then. Let me go tell Technoblade first."

It looked like the team was already taking the brunet away, inviting him to join them on an S-class quest, reassuring him at it would be fun and how they should leave now.

David internally took a sigh. He felt like the whole world's funniest clown, being mocked at; laughing at his face.  All the build-up and for what? Nothing. 

"Guys!" Another voice, a distinctively, very familiar voice whom whose owner being the original cock-blocker in the first place. Great.

Skeppy approached them. The Diamond boy panting from jogging his way over. He nodded towards Techno who in turn gave him a suspicious look. Observing how the shortest male neared the group before taking all 3 by the shoulders, ushering them away from Bad in a bit forceful shove. 

"Guys - Dream, George, Sapnap - I have something to tell you all," the team gave him curious attention along with a hint of confusion. Skeppy ignored the latter.

Wait a minute - Technoblade heard these line of words before... was he? No way.

Bad stood there with a perplexed expression on his face. "Geppy, what are you—" the said male waved his hand, shaking his head as he continued to pull the group with him.

"Not now Bad, besides, I think Technoblade have something to tell you." 

Zak winked at the pink-haired male; at this instance, is when David finally saw the clear permission he had gained. Darryl was still confused and now has turned around towards him; he took a deep breath and— 

 "I have a confession to make."

Leave a vote for more! ÒwÓ

Don't forget to vote if y'all would like more of this book!

Btw, I heard some of you talking about liking the plot of this story... The thing is, what's the plot..? I know I'm the one writing this though I'm actually just winging it. So, if you see a plot somewhere, what is it? Mind telling me? I'm actually confused as to what plot y'all are talking about.

Welp, share this TechHalo pair book. Gotta spread the word, dudes

-Be_Del