(53) Questioning

Uhh, Warning for a (maybe inaccurate) description of ADHD.

Mental Attack

~

Roaming around the forest with no particular destination in mind, the man with dyed-pink hair crossed over a log with his hands buried in the insides of his pockets. The birds offered cheerful chirps, squirrels staring at him from their home and the faint buzzing of bees that blended into the only ambience his mind could comprehend.

Techno wasn't even sure where he was heading, aimlessly wandering around to help cool his head off. Now if only his obnoxious thoughts would quiet down, he would really, really appreciate it-! The man kicked a rock that stood in his path, loudly muttering to himself as he combed back his hair in a deep huff. 

How can this be?

Would he ever tell me? 

Would any of them tell me?

It annoyed the hero so to speak. He resents the emotion, the feeling of untrust or thinking that he could not handle a situation. It made him feel like the child he once was. When his father gave him a questioning stare when he first told him he wanted to apply as a hero.  

David's fingers twitched his eyebrow and eye as well a few seconds later. His senses were tuned to high, just the slightest touch could already set his mood off. Problems upon problems; questions upon questions piled over to the point where even the earth is spinning around him. It made him want to form into a ball of safe cacoon. Unwanted panic trying to worm its way out of his chest.

With a snap, his troubled mind was soon interrupted when a sound of rushing water entered his ears, familiarity striking him when he soon realizes that the waves were actually from a nearby waterfall. He continued on with his strides, already uncaring of the plants he accidentally steps on in search for the source. It is all his mind focused on, thankfully temporarily leaving the previous suffocating thoughts.

No longer, he found the cause of his interruption. 

A waterfall with a pristine, clear liquid that connects to the lake down the way. Surrounded by blooming cornflowers and bushes of roses. The sunlight made everything it touches shine like gold. Salmons were also spotted nearby, swimming in groups as they tousled near the boulders that served as a barrier between the land and the water.

The pink-haired man sighed in relief. Reaching a hand down to touch at his staring reflection. Maybe he had overreacted; he let his suppressed insecurities get the better of him. Hell, what was he thinking? His mother was sick for goodness sake! Sick with some type of incurable illness. 

And David trusts them well with that judgement. His parents are the ones who do absolutely their best just to get a satisfactory answer and if that answer is having no cure, then what can he do?

And Darryl, oh gosh, he shouldn't have snapped at him like that. No matter how much it hurt him to find out that the other was still willing to keep secrets from him. His thoughts yelled at him, it wasn't fair. 

You're still a stranger to him.

The hero was left defeated. Technoblade sat on the boulders, exhausted from absolutely everything to even try and entertain that thought. He's willing to wait, he will wait since he knows that he just can't force a person to open up.

Something interrupted his thoughts again but this time it was to the sound of leaves rustling and footsteps closing in. The pink head squinted his eyes, curious and confused as to why a familiar tall friend was hiking amongst the trees.

"Wilbur?" He called out to the man in a brown jacket and a large backpack. 

Wilbur Soot, who jumped at the sound of his voice, loudly breathed out a sigh.

"Oh, Techno, it's just you," exclaimed Wilbur as he walked over to the hero with pink hair. "I thought you and Bad were visiting your parents, what are you doing here?"

At the mention of his parents and boyfriend, Techno couldn't help but visibly wince. 

"Speaking about that..." he trailed off and once he'd done this, Wilbur immediately knew something was up. 

Dropping his back by the side, he carefully took a seat next to his pink-haired friend. "Hey, you can tell me, alright? What are brothers for?" Wil gave him a reassuring smile, encouraging him that maybe, he did need help to sort this out. 

So, that's exactly what he did, pouring it all out to his friend with little to no stopping. The stabbing pain of hearing how vulnerable and insecure he is just sounded ridiculous to his ear. But then again, Wilbur had already seen him in his lowest and vice versa.

It's been a good while since their last 'talk.' Both being busy with their private lives and off-group work. It surely has been a while.

Of course, he left the part about Bad out. It was in his no place spreading about his brunette's problems and despite having a slight argument, he was sure as hell not going to snitch on him.

"Now I'm not even sure what I can do to help cause I'm right here instead of being there with them!" David explained.

Wilbur chortled. Raising an arm towards Techno, the man with an accent patted his shoulder with a slight shake of his head.

"Not too far of a problem like mine, eh?" He spoke which made Technoblade fuse his brows. What was Wilbur doing out in the wild again?

"Wilbur, did something happen?" Now that he thought about it, there seems to be a missing certain individual in the area. "Where's Schlatt?"

The man let out a bitter laugh, shaking his more as he avoided Techno's puzzled gaze.

"Oh, Techno, my friend... I fucked up." Wil stated, "Schlatt... Schlatt's fucking pissed at me. He yelled out profanities and I—" he sucked in a sharp breath, the colour in his life eyes wavering.

Supposes it's his term to be there for the man, "What did you do?"

Wilbur cringed. Gave out a smile that came more of a grimace. "I messed up big time."

Yes, I've split this up into two parts cause I'm a cheap bastard =^=

It's getting too long!!!

Uh oh, this was my last saved draft, idk when the next chapter's coming out... Hopefully not long.

Be_Del