(29) Can't I have some time to Celebrate?

Okay, so I know there's this ranking thingy happening whether your story's #2 in badboyhalo or whatever else tag it has, but really though, I don't mind. I don't care whether this story gets #1 #14 or #34. It's fine, it doesn't mean much to me. You guys commenting and appreciating is enough. That's all, thank you!

~

The twirling had slowed down to the point where the pair were just laughing and giggling with each other. Techno had slightly lowered down the brunet, their foreheads touching and not minding the close proximity of their breaths, still living in their little cloud nine. 

Soon, the pair finally noticed the questioning looks, amused stares, and fond smiles. Putting Darryl back on the ground, David looked away with his hand nervously rubbing the back of his neck. The players around them went on, forgetting the little celebratory pick up and going back to congratulate everyone else. 

Bad has took his arms back to his sides, Techno saw a glimpse of his pink ears before getting the hood up to cover over his head. The familiar taunting beat of his heart came to his ears and Technoblade had to look away and calm his breathing. Was he blushing? Gosh, he hopes he wasn't... it would be completely unprofessional if he was.

Trying to break the ice, David cleared his throat and replaed a gentle smile on his lips. 

"Told you it was your game."

Darryl snapped his gaze back towards him, as if he still couldn't understand his words. A shock look renewed by a shy smile, David swore that Darryl's eyes were never this green before.

"Techno, thank you... Thank you for believing in me."

Techno opened his mouth to reply when a familiar voice broke out from the crowd and caught the pairs' attention. Altering their focus, Wilbur reached the pair with a winning smile on his features. "Hey guys, Bad, amazing play by the way." The taller male nodded towards the brunette who replied with a giddy thank you. 

"Zelk's hosting a huge party at his house and all players are invited; said that the awarding would be held there."

Summoned by literally nobody, Skeppy broke through the sea of people in a jog to Bad. Techno watched as the Diamond boy congratulated the brunet and the latter was unable to stop himself from squealing, hugging his best friend in joy. The pink head grinned, actually glad to see that the two's friendship hadn't been ripped by the teaming system.

Wilbur stood by his side, also staring at the shorter boys. "Aren't you going over to stop Skeppy from stealing Bad away?" 

Techno shrugged, eyes still trained as the pair have their powwow. "Eh, it's fine. I got a feeling that Skeppy knows he wouldn't be able to keep Bad away from me forever." 

The Brit responded in a hum as they both watched Skeppy pulling BadBoyHalo away, leaving to attend Zelk's party. "Oh, that reminds me. I have to go find Schlatt, see you at Zelk's!" And there goes his teammate, on the hunt for his boyfriend.

Maybe he should go ahead, look for Phil so they can both go together. He reckon that the blond would love to be the one to accept the cash prize, maybe this time they could get Tommy to be the one to claim it. It would certainly look good for their picture...

As Technoblade went ahead, the crowd began to slowly disperse, all thinking of attending the party at Zelk's.

"Techno!"

Huh, a voice that wasn't familiar reached his ears before feeling a lingering presence close to him. Whipping his body around, the pink-haired champion turned face to face to a mask he had expected he would come in contact with but not this soon.

"Dream," 

Technoblade nodded to acknowledge the blonde man. He scanned his brown eyes around, not seeing the two friends of the said male.

Dream, as everyone knows him by, was wearing a black turtleneck under his signature green hoodie despite the heat. Techno watched as the blonde chuckled, messing with his hair as he stuck out his right arm for a hand shake.

"I just came to congratulate you. You did a great job out there."

Without really thinking, David accepted the outstretched hand, reciprocating the gesture. He guess that the man just wanted to be humble. After all, Dream had still taken the number one spot from him.

"Thank you. You did well too."

When he tried to take his hand back, he noticed that the other's gloved hand had tightened it's grip on his, successfully trapping his hand in place. Alarmed by this, the pink head looked straight at the masked man's eyes, not showing much expression to show his slow awareness.

If Dream wasn't wearing a mask, Techno guessed that he would've been seeing a predator's grin right then. "Like I said, you did a great job out there. Not even Skeppy did such a thing." 

Ahh... Now he gets it. His opponent wasn't just complimenting his efforts back in the games... He was also expressing his gratitude at the action he did in order to support BadBoyHalo.

Remaining calm and collected, David kept his back straight and face blank. Refusing to give any reaction that would contribute to the masked-man's amusement.

"As I said, thank you. I would do it all over again if I had to."

As if taking time to process his words, Dream's hold loosen allowing for Techno to retract his arm away from the former. The pink head watched as the blond slowly put down his own arm by his side.

"'Do it all over again' huh... Will you graciously tell me the reason behind those words?"

Technoblade bit the inside of his cheek slightly aware at how much he was sweating under his coat at the moment. Dream's a close friend of Bad's. Could he trust him not to snitch? He don't even know the blond that well, for all he knows it could be a trap. Some form of blackmail.

Prayers answered, Philza Minecraft appeared at the corner of his view allowing for him to call for the said friend. Luckily for him, the other seemed to be looking for him as well. "Techno! I've been looking for you. Come on, the awardings being held at Zelk's place, we have to go now!" Sending a not-so apologetic smile, Technoblade nodded his head at the masked male and jogged over to his saviour.

Did he really have to go through another interrogation?? Can't he bask in the winning grace for once??

It was fruitless, he knows. There were plenty of sharks to face before reaching the island.

Leave a vote for more! ÒwÓ

A new boss has appeared. Will Techno be able to get his approval for Bad??

Don't forget to Follow if you would like to stay updated! And share this story to some of your friends out there who's open to shipping rare pairs! Gotta spread the word, my guys. 

-A.B_D