(08) Inside The Cave

~

Technoblade was now sitting, leaning his back against the hard surface called a wall. Finally, he got to convince Bad that he was well enough to get a move on again. He looked back down at his shirt, it was the white one that BBH had worn the other day before. It actually fit him just right, unlike the latter who looked like he was too skinny in it or something. 

Sadly though, Bad had washed up the shirt, so now he doesn't get a trace of smell from the brunette. He guesses it was fine considering it wasn't Bad's shirt after all. The said male had to take both his red coat and white undershirt because it was apparently burned up by the ink the OctoQuid had spit. Guess that's one of his 22 collections of the same red coat taken down. It was his third favourite too. 

When he was now standing up, he straightened the white shirt and his pants before glancing he over to see Bad sitting down with a frown on his face. Scratching the back of his neck, he sauntered over to the other male and sat next to him while tilting his head. They were supposed to be leaving so they could catch up, but the other seemed too out of mood about something.

"Heeeyy... you alright?" Inside his head, Technoblade hit himself for asking such a stupid question. The guy was obviously not alright!

Darryl sighed and stopped fiddling with his thumb, and this was when the pink-haired man had an actual closer look at the brunette. The green eyes looked a little too worn out with dark bags adding from under—not clearly seen because of the glasses. Overall, Darryl looked tired as hell.

Immediately, this made David feel guilty. "You didn't have to protect me back there, you know?" The former spoke making David lock eyes with him.

Was Darryl beating himself up because he thinks it's his fault for getting him injured? That just added salt to the wound. The information made David want to literally punch himself on the face right then and there. 

"I am not some damsel in distress, I can assure you that I could handle myself." The emerald eyes were filled with determination and stubbornness. David closed his own eyes shut to assess the situation at hand. Why did he jump in at the last minute again?

Sure, Skeppy told him to keep an eye on Bbh but, Techno bit inside his lip with his brows furrowing in.

Bad was about to speak more when he cut him off, "Bad, I know you can handle yourself well. Heck, I've seen you with that arrow!" At this statement, Bbh couldn't help but shy away from him, "And to be honest with you? I don't know why I did what I did." 

He admitted truthfully along with scratching the back of his neck while a goofy yet nervous smile appeared on his lips. "Oh," was the other's only response before abruptly standing up, now with a newfound aura—with awkwardness in it. 

"Alright then, let's get going back to the village, we might still have time!" Badboyhalo exclaimed with a cheery expression as he helped Techno stand up before going outwards the cave.

Oak brown eyes just watched after his form leaving the stone cave's exit, flashing through the words the other had said earlier. It seems that the brunette was a bit embarrassed about showing his insecurity of being 'protected' before masking it off with his usual, bubbly mood. 

Maybe... no.

Techno shrugged his thoughts away, not wanting to be a nosy little pig and walked after the hooded male.

Leave a vote for more! ÒwÓ
And don't forget to follow for extra rare pairs soon!!!