(14) In The Library

~

David glanced back down at the bouquet of flowers in his hands then looked back up at the library. Maybe the flowers were a little bit too much... he wondered and stopped his pace. It was Phil's idea despite how many times he insisted that he was going to start off low. Would Darryl even like the flowers? He might be allergic to some. 

Entering the library, the younger hero had made up his mind and went straight to the old lady behind the counter. Giving the lady a sweet smile, he held up the flowers in his arm. "Morning Gran," David's deep voice echoed out his throat. The old bookkeeper returned the smile with a curiosity of her own. 

"Why, you look so familiar, deary. Is there anything I could do for you?" 

Technoblade shook his head, albeit glad that he wasn't recognized. "I'm just wondering if a certain someone came by the library. Eh, uh here you go ma'am." He offered the lady the bouquet of flowers he had been holding. The gran was surprised by the sudden gift but was also happy with the warm gesture. 

"Oh, how sweet of you! I don't remember the last time someone gave me flowers." She giggled as her hands goes to inspect the colourful petals. "As for the person you're looking for, could you describe them for me?" Technoblade glanced down at his shoes, suddenly finding them more interesting than before. 

"Uhm... blonde-brown hair, silver glasses... pointed nose?" He began listing off, a bit hesitant as to why he was even able to remember these details in the first place. "He wears a black hood with red stripes down the arms, kind—" 

That was when the bookkeeper snapped her fingers. The wrinkles on her face add as she squints her eyes behind the abnormally large spectacles. "Oh! Do you mean Darryl? That sweet child comes here almost every Wednesday," she happily supplied. "He is actually here right now, you'll find him by the fiction section." The hero's ears perked up from this. 

A grin came through Technoblade's face as he nodded his gratitude. "Thank you so much! Have a nice day ma'am," The old lady gave him a warm smile, nodding her head as well as he wanders off to the darker depths of the library. 

There weren't many people in the building, mostly young introverted teens or moms in a journey to look for the perfect cookbooks - either way, it wasn't like Techno goes here often. Although it would be nice to visit and read the dictionary every once and a while to expand his vocabulary. 

It was, what his mother did when he was younger. Burrowing educational books because they had no money to go to an actual school. So instead, he was forced to read all the informational books his mother could get. Untangling the locks of his hair, David halts his pace when he spots the person he had been looking for. 

Down the aisle of bookshelves, Darryl stood near the end where thicker novels were placed accordingly by their numbers and authors. His hood was down revealing the mop of brown hair that pointed at every direction. His head tilted up, probably eyeing the books a section above his head with his index finger pointed as he dragged it against the spines of the hardbound books. 

Right there and then, the young hero felt contented just by watching the brunette from afar. Unsure of how to put it in words, David silently wished he had the ability to freeze time because the smallest moments like these often go by without anyone giving much thought. He wasn't sure why but seeing Darryl distracted, living inside his own bubble where the outside world suddenly doesn't matter, reminds David how innocent and peaceful the brown-haired hero could be. 

Burying a hand inside his red coat's pocket, Techno sauntered forward. It seems that Bad still hasn't noticed him even though he was standing directly behind the shorter male. Mentally rolling his eyes at the latter's obliviousness, Technoblade leaned forward, reaching over from the side of the brunette's head and grabbing the green-covered book right where before Bad's finger could pass it by. 

He heard Bad's small yelp before the latter jumped; quickly turning around to face him. Techno couldn't help but smirk at his actions, finding the reaction cute. "Te—Techno?" The said male still had his arm reached out, his hand halfway picking up the book from its place. 

Technoblade basically had Badboyhalo trapped in front of him. Him towering over because of how tall he was compared to the brunette who had his back pressed against the bookshelf, not enough to move the whole wooden shelf over. "Glad you still remember my name," Techno teased before backing up, taking the book along with him to give the flustered brunette some space. 

Fixing his glasses, Darryl clicked his tongue as he shook his head. "You muffin! You almost gave me a heart attack!" 

Well, I plan to but hopefully not in that way. David raised his arms, chortling lightly. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" yet he isn't sorry at all. 

Passing through pleasantries, Bad asked the hero what his business in the library was like, telling him how he could help Techno with directions to which the latter just shook his head in response. He then proceeded to make up some story about how he visited an old friend, basically the lady behind the counter - in which he hasn't met till a while ago - and how he gave her a present. 

"Oh, Susan?" Darryl innocently asked, eyebrows raised. Scratching the back of his neck, David nervously chuckled. 

"Yeah! yeah... Su- Susaaann." He really should be careful of his words next time.

Leave a vote for more! ÒwÓ

Don't forget to Follow if you would like to stay updated! And share this story to some of your friends out there who's open to shipping rare pairs! Gotta spread the word, my guys.

-A.B_D