(50) Emerald Eyes

I hope you all enjoy these beautiful moments. It'll be a shame if something were to happen...

Happy Holidays!<3

~

Technoblade watched his breath that's visible in the early morning's air. Dressed in a simple white-longsleeved and worn brown pants, the pink-haired man had stalked out of his window and unto the rooftop of the house to get a view of the first kiss of sunrise.

He used to do this before, as a kid, climbing out of his window to watch the sun either rise or set. He did it so much that it almost became a hobby for his young self. Techno would often do it to give his mind some peace. It was his own security blanket, being on top of a roof that somehow still magically holds his weight even now.

A place to think, to breathe some air. He is so grateful to have such understanding parents. Who could've thought that they're ready to be open-minded for his and Darryl's sake? They made it look so easy. The welcome smiles, accepting hugs, it fills David's heart to its limit and he couldn't wish for anything else. 

By the distance, the first rays from the natural source of light peeked out. Everything is just so perfect. What could possibly go wrong?

"Techno?"

Startled, the hero took a quick glance behind and saw BadBoyHalo peeking out of the window with a concerned look.  

"Morning sunshine," Technoblade greeted with a smile before patting the space to his left. "want to join me?"

The brown-haired man was hesitant, warily eyeing the roof that made the other chortle. "Relax," David reassured and he gestured once more to the spot by his side, "I promise you, it's safe. I've done this a thousand times and even if we do fall, I'll be here to catch you."

Bad pinched the bridge of his nose and gave out a deep sigh. "Oh my goodness, alright! I trust you, m'kay? Remember though, if this thing collapses, your muffins are good as dead to me." The threat would've been effective if it wasn't for the brunette climbing out the window, shaky as a leaf. Techno stood up, ready to help him when BBH held a hand up with a mask of determination to cover his fear. "Don't you dare move, good sir, I got it, alright?"

He raised his eyebrows but said nothing more. Instead, Technoblade sat back down and patiently waited for the other. Attentive if the shorter somehow stumbles but thankfully, nothing akin to that happened. 

"What are you doing out here anyway?" Bad asked once he arrived. Tucking his knees close to his chest, the brunette tilted his head to the pink-haired man with curiosity in his eyes. The latter shrugged, staring back over the horizon where he knows there would be mere minutes left till sunrise.

"Waiting for the day to start," he informed, "I used to always do this as a kid. I don't know why, but sunrise had always looked mystical and peaceful to me. It astonishes me till this day at how a lot of people doesn't really get to view such a sight." David rambled and when he caught himself, he could feel his face turn bright red in slight embarrassment. 

He risked a glance towards Darryl - and yep, the brunette's staring at him with awe. 

Flustered, David looked away with a light scratch on his cheek. "Sorry, that must've been weird."

The brown-haired boy was quick to insist, "What? No! No, no no, it's alright, it's not weird! It's- it's just," he stuttered with a flush. "I haven't seen this side of you, yet." Darryl's voice went quiet when he started plucking at the loose threads on the foot of his pants. "You always talk about orphans and practice, and the dogs you saw in the village." The green-eyed male giggled, "It's just new to me, that's all."