(44) Am I Selfish?

~

The sun had just set, the probable time where Bad's mostly done with teaching and his students has gone home. Technoblade was on his way to pick up the brunette, help him with his stuff and walk him home. BBH had already said that he didn't need to do it but the pink head insisted. After all, what type of boyfriend would he be? 

Comforting ambience followed the hero as he walked the almost empty road of MunVadXel village, making his to the park. The air has settled still, cold enough from the lack of heat but not too cold to cause hypothermia. 

The distant melody of crickets played in the background once he entered the park's gates. Adjusting his cravat, David began taking a step on the cobblestone path, a wistful thought floating inside his head as he tried to imagine what the brunette's reaction would be if he agrees on the trip.

David paused when his ears picked up the sounds of slightly hushed voices. Stopping on his tracks, the pink-haired man cleared out his thoughts to focus on the noises. 

"What is it, Mae?"

He knows the owner of that voice. Heck, he'd grown to love and adore that gentle voice. Bad was asking a girl whom Techno had seen before. Another fellow volunteer. Techno ducked down, taking cover behind a birch tree so he can avoid being spotted.  

"I uhm, promise me you won't freak out." 

This one was Mae's. David has heard about her when Darryl took his time talking about his volunteer experience. She's a good co-worker and friend of the brunette. She has a wheeze akin to Dream's and also have two roommates in which David did not bother knowing. --Or maybe he just didn't listen enough, too distracted staring at a certain someone's face-- either way, she's now talking with Darryl as if passing on a secret.

Maybe he should take a detour for a while, let the pair have a conversation without him eavesdropping. Maybe buy a couple of snacks?-

"So, I've noticed that you and Technoblade had gotten close these past few days..." or maybe he'll stay for a little bit and listen to whatever compliment he'll be getting. This might be his chance of understanding what worth he has for Darryl. 

The brunette tilted his head, "Uh-huh?" 

"What I'm trying to say is that, can you help set us up?" David furrowed his brows. Set them up? What? "you see, I've had a crush on him for so long and I just- it would really mean much to me if you could help set us up together." Now this wasn't the type of secret David was expecting... not in his million dreams did he expect for something like this.

Gosh, what would Bad be thinking right now? Do they have to put out a tarpaulin that says they're both out of the market? This gotta be the most awkward shit Techno has ever experiences.

The hero bit his lips, anxiety overruling the awkwardness in his chest. How will Bad react? Dear Notch, is he going to accept? For once, Techno wishes that the man wouldn't be so kind. How is this going to affect them? He swears he'll be running towards the next empire and start a revolution if Bad decided to be selfless. 

He's always so selfless... always putting his friends first before his well-being. 

Oh, Technoblade wouldn't be having it. He didn't go through all the stuff he went through just to end up with some girl Bad would be recommending. He-

"I can't... I'm sorry, but I can't. Techno, he... He's the best thing that has ever happened to me in such a long, long time. I can't give him up." Darryl slowly let out, a slight quiver evident in his tone.

There was a gasp, "Pardon?" Mae stared at the brunette with genuine surprise on her face.

The man with dyed-pink hair stood still, despite trying to be as noiseless as possible, he feels as if his heart would burst into flames from how much it pounded inside his chest. He hears Darryl exhale, 

"Mae, David and I are- we... we're dating."

Ringing echoed in his ears, his honey-brown eyes were wide and stuck on staring at a grass patch a metre away from him. Techno tried moving his fingers but all that he's left were numbness. He's frozen, stuck in a state of bewilderment. The beating of his heart slowed down despite the fast pace that went on in the background. He could faintly hear the girl apologising before leaving, embarrassment must've grasped on her by the way she sounded.

Don't get it wrong, it's nothing negative. Techno's just surprised... it's his first time hearing Bad admit it out loud to someone out of the circle. That was right, they are dating. Holy shit they're dating.

A smile crept up on his features, the way his heart swelled at the word has sent him in a dizzy state. David's not sure why, but hearing it come out of his partner is just, it's a whole new level. Gosh damn he's in love.

Once he deems it okay, Technoblade stepped out from behind the tree and made sure not to make anymore noise as he steps closer to the brunette who had his back turn, possible having a life crisis himself. He's sure of one thing though, he'll be pretending that he just got there. After all, he's sure that he wasn't supposed to hear anything from them anyway.

As expected, Bad doesn't bring it up, he just greeted Techno with a bit distracted look on his face. When they began walking their way back, the taller male itched to find out what's going on inside the other's pretty little head. He wants to alleviate the trouble the shorter male was currently experiencing. A fight between his inner demons. When the pink head readied himself to ask, BBH beat him to it.

"Am I wrong to be selfish?"

David made a humming noise seemingly to act like he was thinking about it before finally responding. "Depends. Do you think you can give something that you have?"

Averting his green eyes, Darryl's face fell. "I was told that sharing is caring..."

Nodding his head, David crossed his arms. "Sometimes, as long as you'll have some for yourself," he tilted his head to regard the brunette, "can you afford to share ?"

BadBoyHalo pouted when he met Technoblade's brown eyes. "No... I can't. Am I cruel to say no?" Techno wanted to cooe, pick him up and cradle him in his arms when the male's green eyes stared at him with visible hesitance and a small amount of fear like the word cruel has some sort of a trigger in a memory.

The pink head chuckled; trying to disperse the negative air that has slowly accumulated at the start of the conversation. He's gonna have to go to his palace, and he doesn't want to leave the other settled with unnecessary feelings. 

"Not at all. No, there's nothing wrong with declining something you know that's not possible." And it was true. It was impossible. Not when he has fallen for someone, he isn't going to be with someone else anymore. It's just not possible. 

Exhaling out a breath and being gentle as he could, Techno carefully took Bad's wrist before slipping his hand to hold his. People said that 'actions speaks louder than words' so maybe, this way, he could let Bad know that it's okay. There's nothing to fear. Three words sat waiting at the tip of his tongue- he says nothing.

When they've finally arrived at the steps of Darryl's porch, That's when David decides to break the cover, changing the lifted subject to his other important announcement. "Hey, Bad?" 

Darryl faced him with those big green eyes he's so deeply fond of that swirled behind the brunette's unique silver glasses. "Yes?"

"I want you to meet my parents."

Leave a vote for more! ÒwÓ

Once I'm done setting the characters' progress with each other, we'll be facing a bit of challenge soon.^^

If you ended up liking this chapter, consider to follow! It's free, and you can always unfollow anytime. ;)

-Be_Del