(30) You have My Word

~

The party at Zelk's was as loud and crowded as everyone expected it to be. Team 2 has each received their medals as well as the cash prize which was taken by Tommyinnit with a proud grin on his face. Players had gone around and congratulated them with content smiles and handshakes. 

What impressed the pink-haired hero the most was how many heroes had gathered around the brunet with excited and interested looks on their faces. Talking about how his skills back at the final game were impeccable, asking him to teach them; be his friend, and what other talents he was hiding. David couldn't help the pride that's swelling in his chest at the sight of Darryl having the giddiest grin he'd ever seen.

Finally, the guy was getting the spotlight and appreciation he deserved. Along with other guests, Techno had his fair share of alcohol. The celebration went on, the crowd around team 2 barely dispersing as new ones seems to come by as soon as others decide to leave. It seemed though that it did not matter much to Tommy, the kid had literal stamina for showing off; telling the fellow players about the things he had accomplished. Basically being the social butterfly that he is.

Laughing along one of Philza's jokes, at the corner of his eye, the man with pink hair caught a glimpse of a particular individual leaving through the front doors unnoticed. 

Backing up a little, David's gaze swiftly went back to check on his teammates. His smile widened at the sight that his best friends were getting along just well with Darryl. Jonathan had his arm around the brunet as they both grinned at Wilbur's stories' re-telling the whole scene of Darryl's winning shot. The latter offered a shy smile, insisting on adding the parts at how Phil, Wil, Tommy, and him has done an amazing job as well.

Feeling the cold, golden knob of the dark oak door, the pink head subtly left the room.

Unlike inside, the outside was freezing cold. Nothing but the light from the lamps to give a limited, clear view of their surroundings. When Techno shut the door behind him, his brown eyes immediately went to the boy with light blue hued hoodie that was sitting on the steps of the front porch. 

Letting the creaks of the wooden planks to announce his presence, the hero decided to take a seat, an arm-length away, next to Skeppy whom refused to turn his head to the man with red coat - as if expecting Techno to join him.

"Hey," David started, eyes trained in front of him as he watched the slow breeze of the wind making the silhouettes of trees sway from side to side.

With a blank expression, Zak answered back. "Hey..." And then came the slightly tensioned air between them.

The silent atmosphere clogging up the vicinity around them. Nothing but the faint sound of music and leaves to patch up the eerie holes.

Was joining the other man the right choice? Techno began thinking back, maybe he should head back in, unable to claw out the feeling of being unwelcomed.

"Enjoying the chilly wind?"

Shrugging, Zak looked down and began fiddling with cuffs of his sleeves. "Mmm... yeah.. it's pretty hot in there." Ah, right. David could guess that the place was getting pretty crowded. There's not enough oxygen in the room, like, come on people, get a move on! 

Swallowing the lump in his throat, David ran a hand through his pink locks as he began to brew up the right excuse to leave. Go back to the oven-heat of the house where he can actually turn into a roast pig just like everybody else inside. 

"I've never seen him that happy."

This made the young man's head whipped to his right, tilting his head to show confusion. Zak sighed letting his cuffs go, instead running his hands through his untamed hair. The low light made it's effect, making the tanned male's eyes glint in the dark. "Bad, I mean." Zak started once again, a bit slow this time.

David kept quiet, only nodding his head to let the other continue.

"It's been so long," Zak continued whilst still facing forward. "He... I've never seen him smile so genuine since..." the boy trailed off, downcast eyes and shoulders sagged. 

Since... since what? Technoblade's thoughts got cut off upon hearing a forced laugh from the man beside him. Glancing to the right, the young hero saw Skeppy's pained smile, a hand pressed on his right eye. 

"I tried— I fucking tried..." 

The smile slowly fell, replaced with a broken frown.

"I thought that moving away from that goddamn place would make him feel better. Show him that it's still possible to be himself." 

By this point, David was at a loss for words. Zak worried his bottom lip, refusing to let the tears out no matter how glossy his eyes were. "I just wanted to protect him. Make him happy—" his voice cracked forcing him to shut his mouth.

Finding the courage to speak, Technoblade carefully placed a hand on the boy's shoulder. 

"Skeppy, I don't know what happened yet, but I promise you, I swear on my soul and Tommyinnit's discs, I will never hurt him."

Skeppy broke out with a bitter laugh, turning his body to face the man with dyed pink hair. 

"Oh, Techno..." the Diamond boy shook his head. "It's not you that I'm worried about. I know that you won't hurt him intentionally." Skeppy cleared. "I'm worried about Darryl. I don't know how he'll react, feel... I just don't want him to— to go back into the shell he was forced into." 

Clicking his tongue, Zak shook his head and gave David a pat on his back. "Techno— gosh, I can't believe I'm saying this - I'm giving you the permission to date my best friend." 

Techno raised a brow at this. What? He needed a permission? Technoblade wanted to question but decided to keep his mouth shut to get on the other's good side.

Face turning serious, Skeppy sent him the all too familiar glare. "And I swear to whoever's up above, if you ever dare make Bad cry, I'll personally be the one to set your entire fucking palace on fire with you trapped in your basement."

Creating a cross mark across his chest where his heart's supposed to be, David raised up his left arm with his palm showed clearly. "Zak, you have my word. I wouldn't dream of such a thing. I love him too much." The last sentence wasn't supposed to be said, the words were too heavy hefting his feelings behind them. The sudden confession of his love out loud was enough to freeze David in time. Blinking to process his own words inside his head.

Watching as the gears turned in the pink-haired hero's head, Skeppy couldn't help but laugh at him, and with one last hopeful smile, the Diamond boy stared back ahead. 

"Yeah, I know."

Leave a vote for more! ÒwÓ

We gotta keep this ship growing! Recruit and fire! 

Give me more tears to collect!— I uh, I mean, more... more shears to collect... wool??

Share this story to some of your friends out there who's open to shipping this rare of a pair! Gotta spread the unquestionable word.

-A.B_D