(21) Called Them Cakesniffers

May God forgive me for these jokes T~T

~

Minutes passed after Wil and Phil caught up with the three, all five of them practised their archery skills in silence, only breaking the enveloping focused air with curses underneath breaths or self-commentary. 

After half an hour, Philza was the first one to give up. Placing his bow and quiver back inside his Hotbar and leaning against the stone fence to just survey over the others. Swaying his legs a bit, his perceptive eyes glanced at his pink-haired friend, still amazed by the man's focus. He then pried his gaze away from the man and moved it towards David's little crush.

"So Halo..." the blond started, taking the brunet's focus off his aim and withdrawing his arrow from his bow. Bad tilted his head to acknowledge the man that had called him. "You and the Dream Team seems to know each other well... how did you guys meet?" Philza asked whilst adjusting his hat, genuinely interested.

The brunet stared back at him, his green eyes wide and eyebrows raised. "Huh? The Dream...? Oh, the muffinheads! We grew up together."

This seems to catch the others' focus and left the rest of the group - except Bad - in complete agape. The brunet holds his chin in a thinking manner before smiling sweetly at them. 

"Yup, we all came from Munchy. The village near the border, known for hoarding orphans." He shrugged, "We... we were a bunch of ragamuffins. We're almost like— brothers!" Bad beamed. "We don't need to be blood-related to be ones; the only thing that connects us as one is our skills with the bow." The brown-haired male concluded with pride. Proud of being a child from Munchy.

"Actually, almost all kids that are raised from there are pretty decent in aiming." Yep. He's proud alright. From him throwing knives with Sapnap, George throwing darts to Dream who throws hatchets: The aim was in their non-existent related blood. 

It was Wilbur's turn to put his equipment aside. He pointed at Bad with a questioning gaze, "Wait... Badboyhalo... you're an orphan?" 

The brunet with green eyes reluctantly nodded. A bit conscious at the other's sudden clarification, "...yes?"

This time, the man with the obvious accent smirked and gave Technoblade a mischievous look. The dyed-hair hero could only guess where this was going. Catching on with the inside joke, Philza hollered a laugh, "Hoooly shit!" 

"Language." 

"Techno, didn't you used to pick on orphans?" The said male inwardly groaned. Now a bit embarrassed by his past actions... he nearly regretted it - still doesn't regret it.

The man raised his hands up, aware that every single eye are now locked on him. "Hey now, it's not like it's the worst thing that happened to them. What are they gonna do? Tell their parents?" 
he chortled... then it became slower, slightly feeling conscious at the eyes on him and— holy shenanigans, Bad was giving his a sharp stare. He should probably stop.

The pink-haired hero heard shuffling and glanced over to see Wilbur and Phil hushedly ushering Tommy to leave with them. What the actual— were they seriously just going to bring him down like that and leave?

"Wha— hey!" Techno tried to protest, but the three of them had already hopped over the stone fence. 

Philza waved a hand as a goodbye to the pair, Wilbur already leading Tommy away who in turn had a confused look written on his face. "We'll be back soon! Just continue doing what you do best!" The blond yelled out the second part a bit more directly to Bad, high likely trying to support him. The wavy-brown-haired hero chuckled beside him, "Yeah! It's either go big or go home!" He yelled out followed by a wink.

Technoblade silently cussed out his friends inside of his head. They were... he was just one step away from drawing out an arrow in their direction. 

A giggle from beside him brought the man out of his murderous thoughts. David looked over to find the brown-haired hero stifling a laugh. Amused and a bit regretful of his earlier words, David awkwardly scratched the back of his neck in confusion, "I uh... sorry, force of habit."

Darryl shook his head, a cute smile playing on his lips as he turned to regard the taller male. "It's all right. It doesn't bother me that much anyway." He shrugged before halting his movements, giving David a sideways glance. 

"The uh, Munchy isn't by the border by the way. It's far from there." 

Techno smirked while shaking his head in a dismissive manner. He knows where Munchy is; guess Bad just doesn't want him going anywhere near the orphanage in fear that he might bully the orphans... which he'll probably do. 

"Yeah, alright, sure."

Leave a vote for more! ÒwÓ

Don't forget to Follow if you would like to stay updated! And share this story to some of your friends out there who's open to shipping rare pairs! Gotta spread the word, my guys.

I just realized how ironic this is XD Techno roasting orphans but at the same time falling for one. 

-A.B_D