(17) Find a Way

~

Once he was able to get a secluded part in the alleyway, he let his grip on Bad's wrist loosen up.

 "I'm sorry, you must've got the wrong person!" The brunet quickly exclaimed, bowing his head down with a flinch. Technoblade rose an eyebrow at his behaviour. He sure does apologize a lot, doesn't he?

David let out a nervous chuckle, pulling off the hood on his head to expose his fluffy pink locks to the brunet. "I'm pretty sure I caught the right one," he muttered beneath his breath, avoiding Darryl's gaze. Crap, he forgot what to say... oh well, he's just going to have to wing it. "Look Bad, it's just, I really really want to hang out with you somewhere where there are fewer people in an area and—"

He was rambling. Gosh, he's rambling all the nonsense he could get. What the hell is this man doing? Making him look stupid even though he wasn't. This is so unfair for the pink-haired hero. 

"Techno-muffin! What are you doing here? Skeppy's out there— did you forget that I'm taller than him? Surely you couldn't have mistaken me for Geppy... he's the one wearing that bright turquoise hoodie - not black." Bad spoke with stern gentleness as if a teacher scolding a preschooler.

Technoblade had to blink twice. Why was this brown-haired hero talking like it was Skeppy he's supposed to... wait, "Pardon, I don't understand..." his deep voice in an obvious questioning tone. 

"Huh? Oh, I just think— well... I noticed that Skeppy has been trying to get you away from me so I thought that he must have been jealous because of it. You know, if you want to talk to Skeppy, you should just wait at his house, it's close to where I live so I could show you where— oh wait, I can't. He might get mad at me from hanging around with you. You should probably go alone." 

David tilted his head, his eyebrows furrowing further each word that comes out of Darryl's mouth. Did he just think that he... was he not listening to what he just said?! He explicitly said he wants to hang out with him. With that other shortie - not Zak!

Technoblade mentally groaned. Why in the world would he want to date that guy who's legs basically swings at every chair he sits on? Biting the inside of his cheek, he tilted his head a bit, hair falling to the other side of his face. Now that he thinks about it, he should've just gotten Skeppy and put him on the top shelf of the library. Surely he'll leave them alone by then.

While the brown-eyed hero was having an internal crisis from his crush misunderstanding the situation, Badboyhalo opted on patting his cheek with a small smile. The gentle pat on his cheek was enough to bring him back to reality "...Well, now you know, you should probably be good. Anyways, I have to go now, bye." He wasn't even able to hear the first part of the boy's statement - Bad probably told him Skeppy's address. 

As the brunet got out of the alleyway, David let his shoulders slump and head face down. There goes Darryl, letting him out of his grasps once again. Rubbing the middle spot in between his eyebrows, the pink head turned around and let his back lean against the brick wall. What was he supposed to do now? Why is it so hard for him to just... confess? 

He let out a defeated sigh. That muffin... did he just—? Techno's hands formed into fists. No, he didn't. He could not! Absolutely not to him! He's going to have to find another way, a new plan perhaps? But what could it be... 

As he racks his head for ideas, he noticed some movement at the corner of his eyes. Glancing to his right, he saw a piece of paper slowly falling down, swaying left and right as it did. It probably got swept up by the air. Catching the item, Technoblade sooner realized that it wasn't just any paper; it was a flyer for the upcoming village game. 

A smile slowly spread across his face; he now got a plan.

~

"Look! Bad got out!" Jschlatt pointed over to the brunet amoungst the crowd who now walked back over to Skeppy's side. 

Wilbur squinted his eyes, trying to spot a specific person from the mass of locals. "Where's Techno?" he questioned only to be responded with a shrug. 

A few minutes had gone by, the group anticipated the arrival of their friend, "What if he got rejected? Maybe that's why he and Halo didn't come out together - holding hands like all cliche couples do in stories," Phil clicked his tongue.

"Do you think Techno would let that happen?" 

Jschlatt shrugged once again. "I mean, why else would he still be in that alleyway? Do you think he's already sulking? Crying?" 

Phil rolled his eyes and waved him off, "Pft, as if you don't know our friend. He doesn't easily give up, remember?" Jonathan looked down, he felt William reach out and intertwined their hands together under the table, he nodded. 

"You do have a point."

Philza nodded his head, a hopeful smile on his face. "Besides, we all know that if Technoblade wants something—"

"—He finds a way to achieve it." They all spoke in harmony, having said quote memorized by heart every time someone asks them to describe their pink-haired friend.

"Speaking of the devil," Wilbur nodded over the crowd, the two following his eyes to reveal the person they were just talking about. 

The expression on David wasn't the one they were expecting. He had the brightest grin they all know too well. Clutched in his hand is a flyer from gods knows where. "Boys, I have a plan set in mind." Was all he said, enough to make his three friends look at each other unsurely. 

Leave a vote for more! ÒwÓ

What do y'all think the plan would be? And what do you think about BBH's obliviousness? Did I nail it? I probably didn't... oh well. 

Share this story to some of your friends out there who's open to shipping rare pairs! Gotta spread the word.

-A.B_D