Touch Down [18]

✞ Vinnie

"Dude, the pep rally ends in a few minutes, you ready?" Kai asks.

The pep rally has been going on for almost an hour now, the ear piercing cheers and the clanging of instruments being audible even from where we both stood.

"Who fucking knows, let's just go." I sigh.

"Ah fuck, I forgot something I'll meet you at the change room in five." I call after him as he speeds down the hall.

I travel all the way back to my locker to retrieve some padding that I'd left behind.

Today we were up against the Riverdale Rottweilers. Personally, I'm not the least bit intimidated because frankly our school has remained undefeated so far this entire season. And I doubt a couple of muscle head fucks are going to come and ruin our perfect streak.

"Hi, son." A familiar deep voice intrudes my thoughts.

"What the f-" I slam my locker shut to face the tall man standing in front of me.

All the colour drains from my face as I glare at him, "Dad?"

"What are you doing here?" I grit my teeth.

My father never comes to any of my games, so this was far to sketchy.

"I decided to come home for the weekend."

Of fucking coarse.

He starts looking around, "Where's your sister?"

"At a friends house."

He narrows his eyes at me viciously, "Which friend?"

I shrug.

"Answer me with words please."

"I don't know, holy fuck!" I roll my eyes, growing irritated.

He furrows his eyebrows at my response, "Shouldn't you be somewhere?"

"I mean, yeah."

"And yet you are here...?" He questions in a serious tone.

"I forgot something."

"Of course you did." He mutters making me livid.

"What-"

"Vincent, I want you to call Lia here. Tell her I told you to and do it quickly or you'll be late." He instructs me, then calmly walks away towards the exit to the field.

+++

                                        ❁ Azriel

"It's so loud!" Sydney attempts to speak over all the noise around us.

"What?!"

She rolls her eyes, "I said it's so loud!"

I finally nod my head in agreement, "My eardrums are crying!"

Sydney laughs until something in her eyes light up, "Look! It's Sloane!"

I follow her gaze to the field where Sloane danced flawlessly in synch with the rest of the cheer squad.

"Aw she looks so cute!" I coo as I watch her.

I screw my face in discomfort before turning back to Sydney, "I need to tinkle, I'll be right back!"

She gives me a confused look but I just ignore her and make my way down the bleachers.

Once I enter the building I begin my search for the washroom. I turn the corner and my eyes somehow land on Vinnie, leaning on a locker nearby.