Bitter Sweet [5]

❁ Azriel

"I'm home!" I announce once I step through the front door. The house was unusually quiet and I'd started to think the twins had died.

"Ahhh, stop it!" I hear an ear piercing scream while someone thumps down the stairs.

Kyanna emerges from the steps, with Kyerra chasing her not far behind.

"What are you-"

Suddenly Kyerra tackles Kyanna, pinning her down on the living room floor. "Slow poke." She giggles before tickling her twin mercilessly, making her laugh uncontrollably.

"What are you fools doing?" I hiss rushing over to them.

"Stop it Kyerra, I'm serious I'm gonna-" before Kyanna gets a chance to finish her sentence, she rips a huge fart.

"Ewww." Kyerra scrunched her nose and crinkled her eyebrows in disgust.

"Get off of her, you animal." I shove Kyerra off of her sister, then grab Kyanna's hand and pull her up.

Man is it hard having twins that were polar opposites. Kyanna was the shy, respectful twin that you didn't need to ask twice to do something. Whereas Kyerra was totally rebellious, a smart alic, and a total pain in the ass.

You can already guess which one I tolerate more.

"Gross, Kyanna just tooted." Kyerra giggles like farting was the funniest thing in the world.

"T-that's not fair! I told you to stop but you didn't listen!" Kyanna yells, her eyes getting watery.

If this bitch cries I'm going to lose it.

"Shut up both of you." I rub my temples exhausted. "Why are you two home so early?"

"Mama picked us up from school for our dentist appointment." Kyanna explains.

I remember now, they're supposed to get braces this month.

Fucking nerds.

"Ok, where's Ma then?"

"She just left for work a few minutes ago." Kyerra strolls into the kitchen then opens the fridge.

"So she's not here?" I huff annoyed. Who was going to drive me to work now?

"Nuh uh, Azi I'm hungry!" Kyerra whines, slamming the fridge door shut.

"Fine, I'll make you guys some noodles before I head to work ok?" The twins nod and I grab a pot from the stove.

+++

"Austin you idiot! Can't you see that Cinderella is literally Sam? Because some barely visible mask is covering like a quarter of half her face?"

"Literally how more blind and dense can you be? If you'd like you can borrow Azi's glasses." Kyerra rants at the television with a pair of glasses in her hands.

I scurry down the steps and narrow my eyes at the fucking brat, "where the hell did you get those from?"

"Your room obviously." Kyerra sticks her tongue out at me.

I stride up the her then slap her upside the head. "How many times do I need to remind you to never enter my room you lil' shit." I growl snatching my glasses from her.

"But Austin needs them!" She whines pointing at the tv screen that was playing A Cinderella Story.

It was one of my favorites.

Past tense, was.

The twins have been re-watching this same movie this entire week and they never let me forget it. So thanks to that, it makes my blood boil whenever I hear the Sam act the line "It's me, I'm the one you've been looking for Austin."