₩1 billion to kill this love

YG CEO - BP MANAGER POV (MOST OF THE SITUATIONS IN THIS CHAPTER ARE MADE UP, YGE HAS NEVER PROPOSED MONEY TO A FAN)

YG CEO and Blackpink Manager are in the car, driving to the dorm.

BP MANAGER: "I will tell Lisa that I know the truth about Jennie. I'll tell she needs to stop looking at Jennie. No more interactions, dedications, references to her without our permission. Otherwise, their career will be compromised."

YG CEO: "If we push this point, people will wonder why. You know, they notice if Lisa changes towards Jennie; we can raise bad suspicions about why they aren't together. Fans could suspect the relationship is real. Or even worse! They might start to hate Lisa for ignoring Jennie."

BP MANAGER: "Don't think about the stupid theories of those shippers; we give them too much attention. I want Lisa to have a clean attitude; we must throw water on the fire. Lisa has to do what YG asks. We need her; we need to make sure she remains our product. If she becomes too sought after; we risk losing her from the Korean industry. A girl like Lisa can make us gain for many years. Put something on her, and the next day is sold out. We just have to ... let's say... scare... her a little bit; so that she will listen and trust us. We have always been loving and understanding; now times have changed. They are no longer little girls we send to stupid Korean show, and I don't ever want to see on camera Jennie's reactions out of our control again."

YG CEO: "Can't we just tell Jennie not to do it?"

BP MANAGER: "I've been told her for four years. Jennie Kim is a very talented, sweet, and professional girl, she's a precious treasure; a key girl in our company. But she's also very problematic psychologically. She's more introverted than she looks; and if there's too much pressure on her, she risks acting in inappropriate ways. So, I can't press directly too much on her."

YG CEO: "Are you sure? These girls are extremely professional. I wasn't the CEO yet but I still remember when Jennie Kim stayed impassive when she fell off the stage in Osaka, and sadly twisted her ankle. Lisa entertained the audience like a true stage performer."

BP MANAGER: "They are. But when Jennie wants to do something with Lisa, she does it, no matter what, even going against our directions. How many times has she done little things outside of our script? Instead, Lisa has been scared by the warnings we've given her in the past, that's why I know this threat will work with her."

YG CEO: "But If we manipulate Lisa, Jennie might have an emotional reaction, and hide it will be hard. You told it."

BP MANAGER: "We'll take our chances now. We don't have choices. This way or we force them to break up and believe me this would cause the Blackpink disbandment. What the hell; does she want to be a Millionaire Idol or a bandmate's girlfriend? Jisoo and Rosè are good at handling her improvisations, but we don't know how long it will last. Especially now that they are coming out on the international scene and there are those morbid fans who analyze every little detail."

YG CEO: "Don't you ever think it was our fault that this happened?"

BP MANAGER: "Our fault?"

YG CEO: "The agency pushed them very close; Jennie and Lisa started the trainee period together. We prevented so many things from these girls, so many things from their youth. No fun, hard work, no interaction with other guys. Maybe it's normal that they got attached; and if they went beyond friendship you know... maybe it's an adolescent thing, I mean... a hormonal thing...you know... they had to release their teenage instincts, somehow..."

BP MANAGER: "A hormonal thing that lasts until now? Hey, you know better than me all Idols do these things. Look at girls from Twice; or ...have you ever seen those..what was the name... Dreamcatchers? They just tease, tease the fans into assuming the relationships are real. Why the heck has this uncontrolled sea come out about Jennie and Lalisa? What is different about our girls? What is different about Blackpink?"