Sure Thing - Part 2

(MOST OF THE SITUATION IN THIS CHAPTER ARE MADE UP, REMEMBER THIS IS A FAN/SHIPPER POV)

Back in Jennie's flashback at Party People. JENNIE POV

What happened next is another story.

Anyway, they are not the right thoughts at the time! Jung Yong Hwa's performance with his Navigation is over, and we have to clear the set. So, followed by girls, I head to the dressing room.

"Jen...Jennie? ..Unnie! "

I try to avoid her; moving at a fast walk. Even though Lisa hasn't done anything wrong, I can't handle her right now. Our "Sure thing" cover had me in trouble They were not vocal issues, just weird goosebumps, and a pesky awkwardness during our rap duet.

A few years earlier we'd written the rap line together.

Jennie likes flashbacks; so still back in another flashback. (FLASHBACK INSIDE FLASHBACK)

We were both reflected in the big wall mirror, sitting on the wooden floor of the dance studio; with papers scattered everywhere; we were desperately looking for the right words that could match in rhyme.

"What about.."look up in the sky "and then followed by " ..so high "..?"

"Woah Nini, nice !"

"Yeah...Then comes the part with.." I get mad thinking how I can't always have you around..."

"Yeeeah. That's right yours, that's yours!.... Damn... I don't know what to put here, Unnie."

"Where?"

"After "Just wanna be your friend...."no wait, I couldn't rap it like that."

Lisa had run her hands through her hair in frustration.

"Remember that the song is about love."

"Huh? I'm not good at this "

"Why not?"

"Just wanna ... I wanna ... maybe, wanna make..something, that's fit better for me .. well, Unnie, because I never seriously fell in love ..you know!"

"Oh. I see. "

I liked her rap style; the flow was perfect. But writing a good lyric wasn't that easy, you'd to get into it, you had to make it yours.

"Okay! I will pretend to be in love with you. "

"What ?!" Her silly things had never surprised me so much before. What the hell was thinking this stupid monkey? How could you fake something like that to write a lyric? Lisa had started erasing everything in heavy scribbling, pressing so hard I was almost sure the tip of the pencil would have passed the sheets.

"Lisa, be careful, you scrawl the floor!"

"Unnie, let's start over! Come on, we do like..you're my one and only lover! "

She'd bent, focused over the papers.

"Oh! That one was actually good, Lisa."

Nibbling on the pencil eraser with her teeth, with strands of light brown hair falling over her skinny shoulders, she'd revised her rap line.

"Yeah. So, it's like...Rock with me babe, Let me hold you in my arms, talk to me babe..... then your part, then like ..Hoping this moment lasts long and forever I got no fear what so ever you're my one and only lover.... hey!"

"Roll a dice I bet it twice,  Don't think I can live a life without..."

" ...you in it you can bet that never sweat that you know what I'm best at...Gosh, this is so hard..."