Chapter Forty Eight

Mature content ahead.

***

Tonight I was thankful because the date went well. Andrew and I went to the Cinema, watched a movie then decided to take a walk around the beach.

There was no drama, no secrets revealed and definitely no tears. I was so happy that things wrre going so well with us and it was just like old times before shit hit the fan for both of us.

I held my shoe in my hand as we walked together down the beach, Andrew holding my second hand. The sun was setting giving the beach a really beautiful look. Most people had gone home by now and it's only people like Andrew and I who just want to spend some time together that actually came here.

I noticed a suya stand not too far from us and I tugged at Andrew's hand, pointing at the stand like an obsessed teenage girl.

He laughed but lead the way. There was only one person standing when we got there so we waited for him to do finish attending to the customer.

"Oga good evening," the guy didn't look or sound Hausa like the regular ones we see. "How much?"

"Five hundred," Drew dug his hand into his pocket and when he brought it out, he was holding two crisp five hundred naira notes, he tucked one back into his pocket.

I wanted to talk about the suya but kept my mouth shut, he wants to spend? He'll spend. And he has a large stomach so it'll be cool.

We watched as the guy cut the roasted beef into chops and packaged it. He stretched the item at us and Drew handed him the money.

We walked a little longer before we decided to go home, home being his house. When we got home I laid out the suya in front of us on a stool and Andrew opened a bottle of wine for us.

He rose his wine glass, "to us."

"To us," I clinked my glass with his before taking a sip of the wine.

He stood up to turn on the television and when he sat back down, he handed me the remote.

I grinned, "thank you."

"I'm really glad that things are working out well," he said.

"Don't jinx it Drew," I shook my head at him and he laughed.

"But really, no drama? It's unlike us."

I groaned, "stop talking."

"Alright," he rose his hand up in defeat. "I'm just happy to have you.

With flushed cheeks I looked at him, "me too."

With a few buttons on the remote I switched from DStv to Netflix then placed the plate of suya on my laps before sitting back and relaxing.

"Seriously?" Andrew groaned beside me.

"What?" My brows were furrowed in confusion.

"You're going to take all that for yourself?"

I laughed, "don't you have hands that can stretch?"

He rested his back on the couch and didn't say anything else. I chose a Nigerian movie Kasanova. I had been hearing about it but never really bothered to watch it, so since it's on Netflix, I'd like to watch it. Plus the characters are eye catching.

I head Andrew groan once again, "don't tell me Abayomi Alvin has got something on you too."

I smirked, "you've gotta face it. He's handsome, got a great body wh-"

Andrew clamped his hand over my mouth, "okay that's enough. If I hear one more female around me talk about him, I'll find him and kill him."

I bit his hand so he let go of my mouth, "see I'm not the only one that agrees."