Chapter Six

It had been a whole week of preparing for final exams which were starting today and I was nervous. This wasn't the first exam that I was writing and neither was it going to be the last but they were the last set of exams I was going to write in this school and as a college student. I was trilled and nervous at the same time. I was fully prepared for the exam so I didn't have much to worry about, I knew I was going to ace the exams.

I hadn't seen Andrew much since our fight. He had been there sometimes and sometimes absent.

Adrian, Funke and I were seated in front of the exam hall by the stairs doing our last minute revision. Asking each other questions to be sure we remembered what we read. We didn't do this on a regular day of exams but I guess today was an exception. It was a really tough course and no one wanted to fail. We stayed up almost throughout the night, studying and preparing well for the exam.

The invigilator began calling each of us into the exam hall so we all stood up, putting our books away and getting ready to go into the exam hall.

"Good luck," I smiled at Funke as they called her in.

"You too," She called back as she walked into the exam hall, looking fully prepared.

A few minutes later and I was called in. "Good luck," Adrian patted my back and I smiled at him in return.

As I made my way into the hall I heard them call Andrew's number and I groaned in frustration. I hope they don't put him to sit beside me. I was directed to sit at the back of the class. My favorite position.

I rested my head on the table to say a quick prayer and as I did that, I noticed someone sitting beside me.

Please don't let it be Jeffery. I silently prayed.

I guess it's not all prayers that are meant to be answered because immediately the cologne of the person beside me hit my nose I knew that that particular prayer wasn't meant to be answered.

By the time the invigilator was done sharing our exam essentials, I could occasionally feel his strong stare on me. When I would look back at him, he would turn his attention back to his papers like nothing was going on.

It was a three hours paper and half way, Andrew whisperedmy name. I ignored him, focusing on my exam.

"Riya," He whispered again.

I ignored him.

"Victoria," he whispered again, this time louder.

I ignored him still, shifting away from  him as much as I could. I couldn't be accused of examination malpractice.

He kicked my leg from under the table and I still ignored him. The invigilator needs to suffer for putting me beside this devil.

He used his pen to poke me continuously and in frustration I turned to him, careful not to make it look like I was trying to spy or something like that.

"Can we talk?" He asked with a tight smile on his lips.

"What the heck? You couldn't wait till after the exam to ask me?" I was furious. This man was unbelievable.

"No I couldn't. Just answer me."

"No," I turned my attention back to my papers hoping he would finally leave me alone.

"But why? You know we both need to sort some things out," he continued talking.

I dropped my pen and rested my back on the chair. I rubbed my forehead in frustration.

He copied my actions, "are you going to answer me?"

"Just shut up and write your exam."

"Miss Black!" The invigilator called making me turn to look at him. "I suggest you zip it or you leave the hall." He threatened.

"Sorry sir." I sat up, picking my pen and ready to go back to writing.

Andrew was going to get it hot from me today. I have never been called like that in an exam hall.

As the invigilator walked away to the other side of the room I turned to Andrew, glaring at him. He just shrugged and shook my head at him, focusing my attention back on my exam.

Andrew surprisingly kept his tap shut and didn't bother me for the next thirty minutes. By then it was one hour left till the end of the exam.

"You look good today," he commented.

"Where did you buy the clothes from? Was it your mother's?" He poked me with his pen.

I sucked in a deep breath and let it all out. It was a way of dealing with my anger and frustration especially with Andrew. It always worked and I really hoped it worked right now.

"'Are you not going to answer me?" He poked me harder.

This man was surely reducing the chances of him being alive after this exam.

"Riya," he whined,

"Can you shut your mouth for the rest of the exam?" I glared at him.

"Last warning Miss Black." Mr Invigilator said giving me a warning look.

You have got to be kidding me.

I glared at Andrew harder than the last and he had his lips in a tight line.

Motherfucker.

"Please Andrew, do me a favor and stay quiet till the end of the exam, please I don't want to be filling a malpractice form at the end of the day." I pleaded with him.

He looked at me briefly and nodded.

Hallelujah.

I counted in head for seconds and when he didn't say anything else I breathed out a sigh of total relief.

I'm almost done with my exam when the monster beside me decided it was the best time to talk to me.

"Does that mean you'll talk to me af-"

His words were interrupted when the invigilator calls my name from behind me.

I slowly turned to him and while at it I sent a death glare to Andrew who had a scared look on his face.

Well you better be scared because you're dead after this exam.

"Stand up and move to the front." Mr invigilator ordered and I looked at him like he was speaking gibberish.

"Sir?" I questioned like I didn't hear what he said and needed him to repeat himself.

"You heard me." He nodded to the front of the hall.

"But sir I wasn't even talking just now." I defended myself, hoping to get out of the trouble or at least drag Andrew into it too.

If looks could kill, I'd probably be dead because the look the invigilator was giving me said just that. "Obey before complain and just move yourself to the front of the damn hall!"

I sighed in defeat and stood up, taking my materials and doing as the invigilator instructed.

I'm left standing there for the next ten minutes before the invigilator instructed me to seat at an empty seat at the front of the class and I'm grateful I have just one question left to answer on my paper and it was just twenty minutes left till the end of the exam. I can answer the question in less than five minutes.

"Pens up!" The invigilator announced when the time was up and I did just as he said.

***
Don't forget to vote and share!