Chapter Thirty Five

"My mum told me that we're moving to Nigeria," I told him, my voice lower than usual.

He heard me and he looked relieved, "my mum told me the same thing."

My eyes widened in surprise, "really?"

"Yeah," he nodded and his grip on my hips tightened.

We were in his room and we were on his bed. When my mum told me that we were to relocate to Nigeria I was scared, I didn't want to be away from Andrew, we had our lives planned together for so long and I didn't want my moving across the whole damn world to separate us.

This is great news, we get to move together. I'm not really excited for this but there's nothing I can do, I'm half Nigerian after all plus I get Andrew with me.

I smiled and pulled him in for a kiss. He responded immediately and my hands were allover him, his chest, his back his hair, everywhere. I could say the same for him because he pulled me closer to him and his hands couldn't stop roaming allover my body.

When we pulled away for air I stared into his grey eyes, our foreheads resting against each other.

"I love you," he whispered and my heart skipped a beat.

Andrew just told me he loved me and all I could do was stare at him, lost in him. The words were at the tip of my tongue but I just couldn't get them out.

I kissed him again and when we pulled away again I said, "I love you."

A grin appeared on his face and once again we were on each other, our hearts beating wildly but in sync, every touch from him sent me on overdrive and I got lost in him.

I woke up with a start and I reached out to touch my lips, I could still feel his lips on mine, his hands all over me setting me ablaze.

Another knock sounded on my door and  I closed my eyes for a second, letting out a breath before reaching over to my night stand and unlocking my phone. It was ten am.

Whoever was on the other side knocked again and I reluctantly stood up and dragged myself to the door, unlocking it and resting on my doorframe.

"Good morning," I said groggily as I ran my hands through my face.

"Morning V, breakfast is ready and mummy said I should come and call you and make sure you come downstairs," Temi said and I nodded.

I rolled my eyes but followed her nonetheless, closing my door behind me. I don't have the strength to argue with my mother this morning.

"Did you and Andrew quarrel again?" Temi asked as we descended the stairs.

"Yeah," I nodded and stiffled a yawn.

"No wonder he hasn't left your doorstep since yesterday. It took your mother to get him to stay at the guest room closest to your room last night if not I'm sure he would have sat at your door all night especially after Ana slapped him, that made him even more sad." Temi told me and I stopped in my tracks.

"Ana slapped him?" I was shocked.

"Yes, they were arguing and the next thing was her palm on his cheek. That ended the quarrel and shortly after mummy had to drag him to the guest room," she explained and we continued down the stairs.

I couldn't help the smile that made its way to my face. I wasn't really expecting Ana to go physical on him especially with a baby on the way but this just makes me proud of her. Andrew deserved what he got.

"Even when that your oyibo friend, what his name again..." She trailed off, waiting for me to fill the gap.

"Adrian," I reminded her.