Chapter Thirty One

Andrew's POV

To say I was nervous would be an understatement. I was sweating furiously as I tried to keep my gaze on the road, thanks to the air conditioning in my car if not my shirt would be soaked by now.

This wasn't our first date so why was I feeling like my insides were going to explode? What she was doing to me, I will never understand but I don't mind, as long as I get to have her then nothing else matters.

She manages to sweep me off my feet every fucking time. That dress is my undoing, the way it rests on her body, hugging her chest and resting above her knees, leaving your imagination to the rest.

The fact that it is red got my mind swimming, the lace on the hands and the little cleavage it allows to be in view. I could watch her in this dress all night.

It's still hard to believe that this woman is mine and that thought alone makes me want to hurry and place a ring on her finger, marking her as mine forever. I know she wouldn't mind, she'll love the idea of it but we both know that we're not ready for marriage.

She's still got things she wants to do with her life, me too. Though I don't mind sealing the deal here and now but when I think about it, there are a lot of things we need to learn, marriage is not child's play and I don't want to go into it blind.

I want her for the rest of my life, that I'm sure of but it isn't that easy, it comes with a lot of responsibilities and honestly I'm not quite sure I'm ready for that.

She fumbled with her purse and I was quick to push the radio button. After flipping through a few channels she took over from me, mumbling something along the lines of 'I'm too young to die.'

I chuckled and let her work it. After going through all the stations and not finding anything interesting she gave up and pushed it off in frustration.

"We're almost there," I told her and she relaxed.

I should have known to connect my phone to my car before I had gone to pick her. My nerves almost got me running late to pick her.

I didn't know what to wear for the first hour and when I finally decided I was almost running late. Thanks to the fact that I wasn't a girl who needed hours just to get ready. I wonder what it is they take their time to do, getting ready is pretty simple but they complicate it in every way.

I'm glad Riya isn't completely like that, she plans out everything so she doesn't make you run late plus the fact that she hardly uses make-up just gives her extra credit. More reasons to love her.

The restaurant is finally in view and seconds after I'm parking my car and helping her out of the car.

"Thanks," she smiled at me as she stepped out of the car.

I smiled back in reply and locked the car behind me as we walked into the restaurant. I know she's going to love this place once the memory clicks in.

I can already see the wheels turning in her head as recognition slowly started kicking in. It's going to take her a while but I know she will finally piece it together.

The door opened and we stepped in, her hand still in mine. A waitress walked towards us.

"Good evening, do you have a reservation?" I don't know if she was being nice to keep her job or it's because she is just nice, it's hard to tell.

"Yes, Ezzeh Andrew," I told her and she nodded.

"This way please," she stayed ahead of us and led us to our table which was by the far end of the room, just as I had asked earlier.

"Why does this place look familiar?" Riya asked as soon as I settled myself opposite her.

"Because it is," I answered with a smirk.

She gave me a confused look waiting for me to spill but I wasn't going to, she needs to figure it out herself.

We were given our menus and while scanning the list, I couldn't help but look at her. Her confusion was obvious and I fought the urge to just tell her already.

A while after we ordered our food and I made sure to add a bottle of Chardonnay, she loves white wine, this brand to be precise though she may never admit it because she doesn't drink often but when she gets the chance, she grabs it.

When our wines were served, her eyes lit up and I smiled at that. I know the way to her heart.

We made small talk while eating and at some point she blurted out, "I remember!"

I looked at her waiting for her to explain. "This looks like the restaurant we had our first official date, the decor, the arrangements and everything looks just like it."

I smiled, "I was starting to think that you'd never figure it out."

"Andrew," she was grinning now. ""How did you?"

"I found out that the same restaurant was building here in Lagos and when they opened a few weeks ago I just knew that I had to bring you here." I explained and the grin on her face got wider.

"This man," her voice was soft and she dropped her fork. Her eyes were glazing over so I reached out and placed my hand over hers.

No words were spoken but the words were clear as we looked into each other's eyes. At that moment it was only two of us, everyone around us fading away. She was all I saw and I'd be damned if I lost her again.

I brought her hand up to my lips and kissed it not losing eye contact.

After that we got to talking again and when we were done with our food and the table was cleared, leaving only our glasses of wine and the bottle which was halfway down. Riya wasn't drunk and neither was I, in fact I was just getting started.

I needed to use the restroom so I excused myself, telling her I would be back quickly.

***

Riya's POV

I was overwhelmed with emotions and it was like I was going to burst anytime soon. Andrew has once again shown me that he's perfect for me and no one else.

I know he loves me, I love him too and not even the sins of our past can keep me away from him. It's all about forgiveness and letting it all go and I've done just that. I know he was stupid when he was bragging about our first time to our friends but I choose to look past it and forgive him.

We've wronged each other in many ways and our moving forward always depended on if both of us were ready to forgive and let go.

I admire him mostly for his persistence, God knows that if I was him I probably would have given up a long time ago and just left everything in the hands of fate.

My thoughts were distrupted with a buzzing sound causing me to look at Andrew's phone which was on the table.

I decided to ignore it but before I could look away completely it buzzed again, this time longer indicating that someone was getting impatient.

I picked up the phone and unlocked it, it was a guy named Jae that was texting him. I didn't want to open it but the phone buzzed again and I decided to just text back whoever it was to text Andrew later that he was busy.

He had over hundred unread SMS, I rolled my eyes at that. I'm positive that more than half of it is from his service providers advertising whatever.

I clicked on the conversation of Jae and I couldn't help my eyes from scanning the words sent.

It was all about money and business. A new message came in and that one had my name on it.

I reread the text over and over again not believing my eyes. I scrolled to the other recent text and to my greatest suprise I was the topic of discussion on most which got my heart breaking allover and anger, fuming anger took over.