~17~

Chapter 17: Motel California

Chapter Song: 1-800-273-8255 by Logic, Alessia Cara, and Khalid

"I've been praying for someone to save me, no ones heroic. And my life don't even matter. I know it, I know it, I know I'm hurting deep down but can't show it."

Disclaimer and Trigger Warning: This chapter mentions thoughts of self-harm and suicide. If you do not want to read this but still enjoy the book, I can message you with a brief summary :) Enjoy!

~

Isabella had tried to run away with Boyd and Isaac when Coach had finally decided to usher them all onto the bus again, but Lydia grabbed her arm in her grasp tightly while Coach had been busy asking her to join the wrestling team as a consequence of what he had seen her do to Isaac.

She had little time to protest as Lydia dragged her down the rows of seats and pushed her into an empty one, a little bit away from where Scott and Stiles were sat already whispering to each other. Allison followed her two best friends silently and sat in the seat in front of them, turning around and placing her knees on the cushion to engage with them.

Isabella avoided eye contact with Lydia as she folded her hands together in her lap and looked down awkwardly. She knew that she would have to tell her what was going on soon, but she favored the idea of doing it later. She didn't even know what she was going to do yet, Allison knowing already made it more complicated.

Lydia looked at Isabella expectantly and waited quietly for at least a minute before she began to get annoyed. She felt left out, especially since she could tell that Allison knew what was going on with her. It hurt that she was not involved in the loop, once again.

Lydia rolled her eyes and hit her hands loudly onto her lap as she audibly groaned, "Can you guys please tell me what the hell is going on? I would prefer if you spoke up, Izzy, seeing as you are the one who is acting so incredibly strange."

Isabella stayed silent and kept her eyes down towards her lap as she began picking at her nails in nervousness. She wanted to tell Lydia but she was scared, especially since Scott was so close and would be able to hear her if he really wanted to, even if she whispered. She didn't want him to hear her when she wasn't even completely sure what she was going to do. It was all just too complicated. Some things made her want to call it quits but other things stopped her, she just didn't know what to do yet.

When Lydia noticed that Isabella was still refusing to speak up, her eyes snapped up to Allison who had been silently watching the exchange with her chin pressed against the seat in front of them.