~11~

Chapter 11: Heroic Villain

Chapter Song: Knocking on Heavens Door by RAIGN

"Mama put my guns in the ground. I can't shoot them anymore. That cold black cloud is comin' around and I feel like I'm knockin' on heavens door."

~
              French class after practice was utterly depressing, Ms. Morell was trying to teach but it was obvious that there was tension in the air because of the empty seat that used to belong to the now dead, Kyle. I hadn't spoken at all this class or even answered a question which was a weird occurrence seeing as I loved this class and French, but right now I had too much going on inside my head. The worst part is that I couldn't shake a bad feeling I had, something was happening but I didn't know what. All I know was that I felt anxious and I didn't think it was my own emotion.

I couldn't sit still in my seat, I was shifting uncomfortably every few seconds and I think Ms. Morell could tell because she kept eyeing me strangely. To try and calm myself I turned to Allison in hopes of talking to her and letting her know what was happening but she was sleeping. Her head was propped onto her arms that were neatly tucked under head and I knew my chance of talking to her was a lost cause.

I grunted under my breath and tapped my foot on the ground now feeling anxiety of my own as the feeling got worse with each second. Everything in the room was making me feel more anxious and more scared, something was about to happen and I knew it. That's why in this moment I stopped moving around in my seat and did the one thing I knew I could, my hand shot up into the air just as Ms. Morell was giving us a phrase to repeat.

Her eyes snapped to me and she calmly stopped her pacing, " Oui, mademoiselle Hale?"

"Je peux aller aux toilettes ?" I had no idea if my French was off, I was not perfectly fluent like Allison but I was trying here and I really needed her to let me leave. Hopefully she'd be impressed enough that I actually spoke to her in French and allow me that gift.

She gave me a satisfied smile before nodding her head calmly and waving her hand towards the door to dismiss me into the hall. I smiled gratefully to her and dashed past the students in the class and out the door. I took a sigh of relief when I was finally out the door and headed towards Mr. Harris' where I knew Scott, Stiles, and Isaac were. I had opted out of his class this year and I was glad did, I hate that man.

I had to get at least one of them to come out and talk to me, I had to see if everyone was alright because my empath was trying to telling me something and I needed to know what.

Just as I was about to reach Harris' room and I could see Scott's face through the glass of the door, two different pains in my stomach and back rang through my body and sent me to the ground. I landed on my stomach but I flipped onto my back with a quiet cry, not wanting to alert anyone as I pulled myself against the wall.