~10~

Chapter 10: Murder on the Mind

Chapter Song: KILLA KILLA by GALXARA

"If you know what's good for you, learn to recognize a killa, killa, killa, killa, killa, killa. I got a fever, bitches know they better run."

~
My Nike sneakers hit the crunched up leaves under my feet as I walked to the opening of the forest where Coach had said we had to meet for the first Cross Country practice of the season.

I had no idea if I was actually going join the team because of everything going on, but Coach Finstock practically harassed me until I said I would run for him. He knew I was a running star in Las Vegas after he had violated my files looking for new talent. He threatened me by saying he'd never let me sit on the lacrosse bench with Stiles which I couldn't let happen. This is the main reason that I am out here at this ungodly hour before school.

The other reason I had come was that I needed something normal in my life. Something to remind me that not everything in life had to be about the supernatural. Even my home life was completely taken over by the supernatural because I had spent all of last night caring for and nurturing Cora after I " accidentally" knocked her out on the boiler last night.

The few hours I wasn't caring for Cora I was on skype with Stiles who thought it would be cool not to let me sleep. He yelled at me every time I dozed off and then continued to talk to me about how he thought sacrifices were being made in something called a threefold death. He had also told me about Heather, the girl who he'd been worried about being one of the sacrificed. It wasn't that I didn't want to listen to him or that I didn't believe him, or even that I didn't feel bad that Heather had died but at the moment I just had wanted to sleep.

And with all of that... to say I was tired was an understatement but hopefully running could be the outlet I needed like it was in Las Vegas, just maybe.

I sighed and pulled my hair into a tight pony tail on my head before starting to stretch out my legs. No one knew I had actually agreed to do this not even my dad so I guess it would be a surprise to all. I knew I'd see everyone on the lacrosse team today because Coach had informed me that, " I was not allowed to run off and make out with McCall just because he was making the lacrosse team join the team."

I was so lost in my thoughts while stretching that I didn't even notice a pair of two boys walking up behind me with their main goal of talking to me on their minds. Just like it had been on their first day of school at Beacon Hills.

I jumped in surprise and fell out of my stretch onto my butt when one of their muscular hands fell down on my shoulder. When I saw the two looking down at me with a smile I couldn't help but feel fearful now that I knew what they were. Aiden and Ethan's perfectly identical faces and bodies loomed over me as they both held hands out to me.