~13~

A.N: This chapter is in third person and is different than other chapters, the perspective change may feel weird but soon all my books will be in third person. I wanted to get an update out while I continue to edit, so that I can keep my audience happy, so enjoy loves!

Chapter 13: Deadly Bus Ride

Chapter Song: A Little Too Much by Shawn Mendes

"Though everyone said that she was so strong. What they didn't know is that she could barely carry on. But she knew that she would be okay, so she didn't let it get in her way."

~
The image of Isabella's father falling to his death wouldn't leave her mind as she continued to shut and open her eyes wearily with her head on Scott's shoulder, her energy was slowly fading with each blink of her eyes. When she first saw him fall to his death she refused to believe that he had died even though his lifeless body told her otherwise. In her mind, there was no possible way. The more she stared at his unmoving body last night as she laid flat on the edge of the broken floor of the abandoned mall crying hysterically, the more she came to realize that he really was gone. He had faded away right in front of her.

Isabella couldn't feel him anymore, she couldn't connect to him even if she tried and that scared her the most. She had never felt any of his pain, she didn't feel anything except the numbness in her heart. It was like she had lost a piece of it. She hadn't spoken a word since she had gotten onto the bus for the Cross-Country meet that morning, despite Stiles' and Scott's best efforts to talk to her. She just couldn't do it. The only thing keeping her together was the fact that she had Scott to lean on and was sat right between him and Stiles, off in her own little world.

The worst part of all this was that Scott was hurt, badly, which consequently meant Isabella had taken the same injury and was just as hurt as he was. She just couldn't catch a break and the injury was much worse than she or Scott would let Stiles believe. Scott had made her promise not let Stiles know how bad it was, he didn't need him to worry. He had somehow convinced her that the wound would heal, she disagreed but she was much to fragile to argue with him so she just let it be and kept her promise to him, despite all the pain she felt.

The injury was a huge gash than ran across both of their left torso, courtesy of Aiden. Isabella had known it would take longer to heal because Aiden was an Alpha, but she definitely thought that it should have been healing at least a little bit. The wound felt worse than it did the previous night when it had first showed up on her skin. It was getting pretty ridiculous and she wondered just how wrong Scott had been about it being able to heal, she didn't think it ever would.

Isabella's voiceless attitude did not start on the bus ride, in fact, it started the second she saw Derek die in front of her. The last thing that left her mouth was a scream of horror as she tried to reach for him. Unfortunately, she was a second too late and was unable to fully grasp his large hand that barely brushed hers as he fell down. If she had not been showing off while fighting the barefooted bitch wolf, Kali, she could have saved him. If only she had been a second earlier.