~18~

Chapter 18: Malicious Mistletoe

Chapter Song: I'll Keep You Safe by Vluestar and Shiloh Dynasty

"I'll keep you safe in this house of mine. And I won't ever leave you. I'll save you from all of the dying lies and I'll never replace you."

~
                    Isabella woke up slowly as the sun shone into the back window of the bus where she and Scott were cuddled up across the seat. Her body was positioned on top of his body, her head sprawled across his chest while his arm laid lazily around her body, holding her in place on top of him. Groggily she looked up at his still sleeping face and smiled widely at the sight of his mouth hung open slightly, a small array of snores flowing out of it.

The sight was beautiful to her, especially since she knew it was not the last time she would be seeing it. She knew in her heart she had made the right decision, she needed to stay with him.

They needed each other more than anything and it would have been stupid for her to sacrifice the love she had with him. Pain was necessary for happiness. Sure they had their problems, but she loved the boy completely and hopelessly...no matter what her brain had tried to tell her the day before.

She continued to smile at the boy with the uneven chin for a few more seconds before she picked one of her arms off his chest and brought it up to his face. She ran her hand up from his hairline down his cheek and then around the frame of his jaw lightly and in admiration. Scott's body twitched slightly at the feeling of her touch, but he stayed asleep as the snores persisted to fall from his mouth.

When Isabella's hand reached the end of his jaw, she pulled it off of his face and curled it up into a ball on his chest as she smiled to herself, completely smitten while staring up at him, her blue eyes sparkling, " I love you so much, Scott McCall. I promise I'll never doubt us again. I swear it."

She then pulled herself up on his body and put her lips onto his cheek softly, lingering there for a few intimate seconds before she pushed herself back down onto his chest and laid her head down. She attempted to close her eyes again, but was abruptly interrupted when the doors to the bus crashed open.

Her eyes immediately widened in shock, but she stayed in place on Scott's chest. That was until someone began to stomp onto the bus, someone who would not be too keen about the situation on the bus.

Coach Finstock immediately caught sight of the sleeping teenagers grouped together in the backseats as he clambered on with all the other students following behind him, including Isaac and Boyd who were just as confused about the situation as Coach was.

He loudly clapped his hands down onto the seats at the front of the bus and yelled out loudly, " I don't want to know. I really don't want to know. But, in case you missed the announcement, the meet's cancelled, so we're heading home. Pack it in. Pack it in!"