~20~

Chapter 20: The McCall Orphanage

Chapter Song: Absinthe by I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME

"If I were you then I'd stop talking. 'Cause soon you'll be a dead man walkin'. No, I don't care what momma says. You wind me up or you'll wind up dead."

~

The sun peacefully shined through the window above Scott's bed, beaming directly onto Isabella's face as she attempted to pull the covers over her face and block it out. Unfortunately, the blankets on Scott's bed were too thin to provide her any cover from the sun as it quickly awoke her.

When Isabella realized that she was not going to be able to go back to sleep, she let out a soft sigh and sat up in the bed, rubbing her eyes tiredly. Her eyes remained closed as she tried to pat Scott on the back gently to wake him up. To her surprise though, her hand did not hit a body but rather an empty spot where Scott should have been.

Isabella opened her sleepy eyes and looked over to Scott's side to see that he was in fact not next to her anymore. She grunted in annoyance upon seeing his absence and rolled her eyes as she slipped her feet off of the bed and onto the cold hardwood floor.

A shiver raked up her body upon contact with the floor, but it quickly went away as she pulled herself off the bed and groggily walked to Scott's attached bathroom. When she entered the room, the first thing she noticed was her reflection, a mess of matted blonde hair thrown into a messy bun sat atop of her head. Usually, that would have made her groan in disgust but something else caught her eye instead.

She was wearing absolutely nothing but Scott's lacrosse jersey that hung just above her knees on her small frame. She ran her hands down the wrinkled material with a giddy smile on her face, remembering what she and him had done the night before. She wrapped her arms around her self to tighten the jersey to her skin and twirled happily, a small glow making its way onto her cheeks.

She had never been that intimate with someone in her life and beside the mild discomfort that comes with having sex, she had enjoyed it thoroughly. Especially since she had been waiting so long to do that with Scott, she had never really thought about how much she wanted it until last night. The desire hit her aggressively and all at once.

Isabella smiled at her reflection for a few more moments before pulling her hair out of the bun and letting her curls fly down over her shoulders. She hardly ever let her hair stay in its natural state but she was too high up on cloud nine to even care. With one last look in the mirror she sent her reflection a quick shrug.

She then turned on her heel and ventured back into Scott's room to look for a pair of his shorts. She could easily run across the hall and get her own pants but she was not risking anyone seeing her in nothing but Scott's jersey, her whole butt basically hanging out. She would be absolutely mortified, especially if Melissa saw her.