~21~

Chapter 21: Bloody Tree

 Chapter Song: Mind Reader by Isabel Wood

"I'm not a mind reader, so tell me what you're thinking. Of your wicked thoughts, just let them out. It's not your fault. I should have seen this coming."

~

Isabella walked behind Cora with her arms folded over her chest and a permanent scowl on her face as they maneuvered their way through the crowded hallway. It was the last break that the students had before their last class of the day and Isabella wanted nothing more than to not be there at all. Even the mention of going to her last class of the day made her wish she had thrown herself off the Glen Capri Hotel a few nights ago.

She did not want to be there when she had been given a free day from the hell known as Beacon Hills High School, but Cora had other plans. They were on their way to tell Lydia to stop seeing Aiden, well Cora was. Isabella knew it was no use, Lydia did what Lydia wanted; she did who she wanted too, whenever she wanted.

Isabella had just been brought along to make sure that not a single hair on Lydia's perfect head was touched by her aunt. She didn't care about the safety of her friends like she did, Cora held no morals when it came to them. Especially not someone who she believed was betraying the group by fraternizing with their enemy.

Isabella stomped after Cora and grunted in annoyance when a random girl ran into her and flipped her off for no reason. Isabella sent her the middle finger back and glared at the back of the girl's head as she walked off.

"God, I fucking hate this school sometimes. Where are we even going Cora?" Isabella asked in annoyance as she tried her best to follow Cora who was shorter than she was and blended into the crowd of irritating teenagers easily.

Cora shrugged her shoulders before turning to Isabella and smiling mischievously, " I don't really know, she's your friend. Where would she usually be right now?"

"Well, it's about to be eighth period." Isabella said she stopped in her tracks and thought for a moment about where her extremely preppy best friend would be in that moment, or where she might be heading. She knew her everyday schedule, she just had to think about it for a moment. She was usually sitting in math class with Stiles at this point throwing erasers at his head until class started.

She continued to think for a few moments before it suddenly hit her. When the realization hit her, she immediately became upset and grunted in annoyance for what felt like the millionth time that day. If she was correct about where Lydia was right now then something was about to go down, something that may involve someone getting hurt.