~14~

Chapter 14: Ticking Time Bombs

Chapter Song: Losing Control by Russ

"But the new guy really loves her. She loves him but she doesn't trust herself anymore. She's fallin' in love now. Losin' control now, fightin' the truth."

~

         " What do you mean she's not waking up?" Scott asked as he twisted his body around in a panic towards Isabella; towards the only girl he had ever loved.

Hearing Stiles' words sent horror through his whole body, they had just lost Derek... He couldn't lose her too. He'd be broken if she ever died and by the looks of her it seemed as if she was nearing death. He couldn't lose her when they hadn't even talked about where they stood, they had kissed but they had never said that they were back together. He needed to know if she still loved him like he still loved her, she couldn't just die on him.

Stiles followed his gaze and shook his head in disappointment, " I mean she won't open her eyes, I've tried shaking her awake but it didn't work. Scott, I don't want to lose her. What are we going to do?"

Scott continued to stare down at the small blonde, trying to find anything to reassure himself and even Stiles that she was okay. She really didn't look good at all. Huge circles had gathered under her eyes since she had last been conscious, her skin had turned an even paler white than her skin already was, and from behind her small track jacket you could see that blood was seeping out of her white undershirt. Scott winced as he caught sight of it and slowly reached down to pull back her jacket, to reveal more of the wound to him. When the jacket was pulled to the side, Scott and Stiles could see something that sent horror through both of their bodies; the blood was now a dark black as it continued to seep through her shirt. Scott's eyes widened at the sight and without any more hesitation he pulled her shirt up, revealing her toned torso that was now covered in black blood and a gash that looked very similar to Scott's but looked much worse.

Scott almost puked at the sight of the wound on her body and he knew in that moment that he needed to do something. He needed to help her. Scott focused his ears onto her and tried to find any sound of a pulse, of a heartbeat. Luckily, there was one...a faint one but a very real one.

"We're not gonna lose her, Stiles. She still has a heartbeat, we're gonna wake her up. I promise." Scott said as he looked up at a distraught looking Stiles who simply nodded at him as he looked around in worry hoping that no one knew what was happening to them in the back of the bus. Especially not Isaac, he was already so close to exploding.

Upon seeing Stiles nod, without any more hesitation, Scott reached down and clasped Isabella's hand tightly in his own and tried to focus on taking some of her pain, hoping to God that it would allow her to at least return to the conscious world. The veins in Scott's arm immediately began to turn a dark black and his eyes closed tightly from the intense pain that was flowing steadily up his arm. The amount of pain shocked him and he couldn't believe she had been going through that, mostly he couldn't believe he had told her to hide that pain. He felt like a real asshole.