~6~

Chapter 6: Capture A Heart

Chapter Song: The Winner Takes It All by ABBA

"I've played all my cards, and that's what you've done too. Nothing more to say, no more ace to play. The winner takes it all. The loser's standing small."

~
Aiden never ended up taking me home last night, we might have went to a 24 hour diner on the outskirts of Beacon Hills and then got a hotel for the rest of the night, two beds of course. I'm not going to just go sleeping around with someone because I'm hurt, I still love Scott but I needed someone and he was good to talk to.

His twin brother Ethan had showed up sometime that night and we had all hung out. They never said anything to me but I smelt that they were werewolves. They didn't seem to be the type to be in the new alpha pack so I trusted them. I didn't think I had anything to worry about which I didn't. Our night was enjoyable and even though I could tell he wanted to try something, he didn't, he respected me.

I had him take me to Allison's at 7 am, which was where I was now. I was sat on her bed with my legs crossed while I fiddled with a frilly pillow. Lydia was already here discussing something with Allison so I sat here silently not wanting to intrude on their happy conversation about Lydia's newest hookup.

I had been ignoring and blocking out the whole conversation until I heard Lydia's voice speak a certain name, Scott.

" So were going to meet with Scott and see if he knows what the bruises mean?" She asked as she sat in the bean bag in the corner picking at her nails.

Allison sighed as she stood with her hand on her hip, " It's the only thing we can do. The girl was looking for Scott."

I sat up straight and stopped twiddling my fingers as I spoke, " What girl?"

" Oh she speaks." Lydia says with a chuckle, " It's not like we've been trying to talk to you for 30 minutes."

I shook my head, " I'm sorry Lydia. I really am just have a lot on my mind. What girl are you guys talking about?"

" We don't really know who she is, all we know is that she was looking for Scott. It was like it was dire for her to find him, she didn't leave us with much other than the bruises on our wrists." Allison said as she held her wrist up and twisted it around as she examined it.

I flew foreword and trapped her wrist gently in my hand as to not hurt her, " When did this happen?" I asked urgently. I felt bad that she had gotten hurt in anyway, I felt bad that I wasn't there to protect them both.

" After you guys left school. She found us in the hallway and when we said we didn't know where Scott was she gripped our wrists and left these bruises." Allison replied.

I turned to Lydia and motioned for her to stand up and show me hers. She grunted in annoyance and walked over and held her wrist out to me. My eyes widened in shock as I realized they were exactly the same bruise, how was that even possible?