~15~

Chapter 15: Him Before Me

Chapter Song: Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

"If I lay here. If I just lay here. Would you lie with me and just forget the world? I don't quite know how to say how I feel."

~

FLASHBACK:

Isabella arrived at Allison's new apartment after getting an "urgent" call from her to get there quickly. She burst into Allison's room frantically, thinking that something bad had happened to her best friend. To Isabella's surprise, Allison was sat comfortably on her floor sorting through her arrows and carefully shining them until she could see her reflection in the titanium. Allison didn't even look back at Isabella as she heard her door slam open aggressively, she had expected her to do that after receiving her text. It had been her plan actually.

Upon seeing Allison unbothered and perfectly fine, Isabella skidded to a stop in the middle of her room and scoffed annoyedly, folding her arms over her chest. She quietly walked up behind Allison and glared at the back of her head, " What the hell, Allison? I thought you were dying or something!"

Allison didn't look up at Isabella and instead continued to shine her weapons as she shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly, " It got you here, didn't it?"

Isabella continued to glare at Allison as she took a seat reluctantly next to her on the hardwood floor and picked up an arrow, twisting it around in her hand, " Well, what was so urgent that you had to make me think you were in danger? And why the hell do you have these out in the open? Chris is going to kill you if he finds out that you aren't keeping up with your side of the agreement."

Allison rolled her eyes at the mention of the agreement of retirement between her and her father and turned to Isabella rapidly as she took the arrow from her hand placing it on the ground gently, " That could have exploded and killed you, don't touch them. And don't worry about my dad because he's never going to find out."

Isabella knew Chris better than most people in Allison's life and she felt as if Allison was totally misjudging the detective skills of her father. She cringed and watched as Allison fixed the arrangement on the floor that Isabella had ruined, " Allison, he's going to find out. I'm surprised he didn't see you at the school the other night, you got lucky. Trust me, parents always know."

Allison shook her head, in complete resistance to Isabella's words even though deep down she knew she was right. Allison just didn't want to admit it, she didn't want to admit that Isabella was like another part of the family and knew the Argents better than she even knew herself or her father.

" No. He won't. I won't let him, he'll make me stop again. I wanted to keep my end of the agreement, but I couldn't. I won't stand around and do nothing when all my friends are dying, not when I have the ability to help."