~5~

Chapter 5: Expiration Date

Chapter Song: Pretend It's Okay by Little Mix

"Nothing here, no one talking, knowing it's too late. But sometimes it can be so hard pretending it's OK. "

~
"What?" Stiles asked me with a tone of questioning as he, Scott and I walked down the sidewalk of a very fancy neighborhood. We were going to some party for someone Stiles knew. I wanted to hang out with Lydia and Allison but Scott insisted I came along with him and Stiles because he didn't want to not know anyone here.

I was not the least bit happy either. I didn't know the girl who's birthday it was and it was awkward.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him in annoyance, "What do you mean, 'what?' " I said with annoyance.

" I mean what, and you know what." He said sternly to me as the three of us continued to walk.

I stopped in my tracks causing Scott to halt as well since I was holding his hand, " What the hell are you talking about, Stiles?"

" The look you were giving. Actually the look both of you gave me." He said gesturing to Scott and I.

" We didn't give a look." Scott said as he shrugged his shoulders.

" It was a distinct look, Scott." He said raising his voice and throwing his hands in the air.

" What look?" I asked as I rubbed my forehead with my hand. He was bugging me right now by not getting to the fucking point.

" The look that says the last thing either of you feel like doing right now is going to a party." He said throwing his hand at us and finally getting to his point.

I sighed and gave him a small smile, " Stiles, it's not that. It just seems weird going to a different high schools party where we know no one."

Stiles threw his hands in the air, " Ug, oh my god! Just one drink, okay. You guys will be okay."

He then began walking again in an annoyed manner which made me chuckle slightly as Scott and I began to follow behind the four year old man child we called our best friend.

As we approached a house that looked to be the party spot because of the loud music echoing out of it and the numerous amount of people inside and outside of the house, Stiles turned to me and pointed at me with a knowing smirk, " Izzy, You can't tell me this isn't at least a little appealing. You love parties and when's the last time you actually got to let loose?"

I shrugged my shoulders and let out a chuckle, " I guess you're right. As long as it's not too crowded inside I'll admit that it does sound pretty nice to party for once."

Stiles fist pumped the air in excitement, " Yes, see that a girl. Now, Scott just calm down it'll all be okay, I went to nursery school with this girl. Plus, we all need some time to move away from the supernatural for one night, just move on."