Court

Taehyung and Marina stood nervously before the Council, trying to both give each other comfort and rely on one another at the same time. Rin entered the court, looking scared and timid as she came to stand beside the other two, making them look at her in question.

Councilman Demus rapped his gavel on the podium, catching the attention of all three of them, his voice loud and clear throughout the room, "Let me speak plainly," he began, "The three of you are here in regards to breaking sacred contracts." He looked at each of them individually, "As I'm sure you're aware, this is a grave offense, and highly punishable." His face turned stern, his eyes narrowing, "I'm going to give you one chance to tell me why not only one, but two contracts were broken in a matter of as many days, and your reasoning for causing so much disruption in such a short amount of time."

Marina stepped forward to speak, but was stopped by Rin's arm, "This is all my fault, Your Honor," she spoke in a voice that was shaky, but full of determination, "I thought that I was protecting my friend, without having a full understanding of her situation as it stood." She looked down at her hands, wringing her fingers together, "It's because of me that Taehyung ended up breaking his pact last night. Had I not interfered, he wouldn't have been put in the position to do so. Whatever punishment there is to be taken, for both instances, they're mine to bear."

Marina made to protest, but felt Rin's hand grip her wrist. Looking over, she watched as Rin shook her head urgently and mouthed 'I'm sorry' before returning her attention to the Councilman.

"I see," Demus stated, lowering his head to his hand and pinching the bridge of his nose for a moment, "In most cases, we would send you to your human authorities, with suggestions on how to best punish for the crime." He looked at her, a mix of sympathy and authority on his face, "However, given the nature of your crime, your knowledge and determination to break the contract, the illegal use of witches, and your willingness accept responsibility for the situation as a whole, I think that a more severe sentence is in order." He looked forward, making his voice loud once again, "From this time tomorrow, and until ten years hence, Karin Marks is hereby a pagani demon. She will fulfill contracts as they come to her and summon for her, faithfully, until her time has past."

Marina felt herself gasp and sob for her friend, Rin herself standing tall and proud though her lip quivered with emotion. She turned to Marina, smiling sadly as she grasped their hands together.

"It's the least I can do, considering all the trouble I caused," she smiled weakly, "I'm not an idol, so I'll probably be doing a lot of simple wish-granting for a piece of soul...more money or prettier face stuff," she looked up to Taehyung, who gave a confirming nod, "See? So it's that bad," she assured Marna, calming her down, "Who knows? maybe I'll meet the love of my life, while I'm at it."

"In light of the confession and subsequent sentence," Demus caught their attention once again, "We can consider the pact between the BTS Pagani and Miss Count fulfilled properly by way of love." He smiled fondly, "This hearing is officially -"

"Dealing with one more matter at hand," Jimin interrupted, coming through the courtroom doors with a flourish, followed by the other five members, "We have yet to discuss the resolution of the contract."

Demus was taken aback at the lesser demon's bold move, but recovered quickly, "What would you like to discuss, Pagani Park?" he leaned back in his seat, crossing his arms over his chest to listen.

"Our proposal," Namjoon stepped to the front of the group, vowing politely, "Is that, due to the fulfillment of this complicated contract, and the subsequent feelings involved in doing so, that the BTS Pagani are free from fulfilling future pacts unless they choose to do so of their own accord. We can no longer be summoned by force."