The Deal

"So, you claim," Councilman Demus reiterated, "That you did not willingly enter into a pact with these seven Pagani?"

"That's correct," Marina answered as loudly and clearly as she could in her weakened state.

"But, we have the contract here," argued the representative for BTS, Bang Si-Hyuk, holding up a set of parchment, "Miss Count clearly stated that she would 'give all of her' to the demons in question."

"That's what you're going off of?" Marina looked at the group across from her angrily, "The musings of a fan? How many thousands of people who follow you have said the same thing?"

"Tons of them," Taehyung turned to her with a smirk, "How do you think we survive? Taco Bell?"

Marina's anger flared at the amused laughter of the rest of the men, "But dead bodies aren't popping up everywhere," she argued, "Nor are there hospitals full of them. Yet, here I am, wheelchair-bound and under constant IV fluids, just to stay awake long enough to attend this court regarding your insufferable bullshit."

"Insufferable?" Jimin gave her a feigned pout, "You weren't saying that when we were making you come over and over and -"

"We get it," Demus interrupted. He faced BTS fully, "You all claim that you thought you were entering into a fulfillment pact, something to do with sex?" he waited for them to answer affirmatively, "Yet you all continued to meet with Miss Count in the Nyxian realm after you regarded the pact to be completed on the first meeting. Why is that?"

"She kept showing up," Namjoon answered plainly with a shrug, "We don't know the full details of her wish, but we assumed that each of us individually had something to do with it. None of us knew that the others were still involved. We each thought we were the only ones."

"Is this common?" Demus lifted an eyebrow.

"Occasionally," Yoongi replied, "If, say, a requester says something like 'I want to fuck Min Yoongi until I pass out' then I would be obliged to meet that person until the wish was fulfilled...to the word."

Marina rolled her eyes with a huff. She hated the fact that, despite that they were literally killing her, she couldn't forget the nights of endless pleasure under their touch. Even hearing their voices as they gave more answers to the Council, in their arrogant and cocksure manners, made her spine shiver and her thighs clench at those erotic memories. Each of the handsome devils stole their glances at her, each of them barely able to control their base urges to take her under their bodies again. Not even her sickly disposition faded her beauty or attractiveness in their eyes, the unfinished contract making the need for her more powerful than their common sense.

"And what part of the pact has gone unfulfilled?" Demus' voice cut through the revery of both Marina and the group of men, "What are the exact words, Mr. Bang?"

The older man cleared his throat, opening the parchment with a flourish, " It says here, 'I would gladly give myself over to to Kim Taehyung, if it meant he could fall for me. That offer goes for any of them.' verbatim."

"You have GOT to be kidding me," Marina scoffed, "Verbatim my fat ass."

A series of low rumbles came from across from her, Marina looking down from her eyeroll to see several of the demons eyeing her and licking their lips. She shifted uncomfortably in her wheelchair, trying to wheedle her way out from under their unscrupulous gazes.

"In reality," Bang gave her a pointed look, "The boys are the ones who are the victims here," he paused at Marina's incredulous huff, "They entered into what they thought was a run-of-the-mill sex pact, only to unknowingly be dragged into a potential love contract." He looked at the Council with a suffering sigh, "How were they to know that the pact would be any different from the many others they had fulfilled, or that Miss Count was so desperately unhinged as to wish for their love rather than just their physical attention?"