If You Can

"Kookie! Come ON!"

"I swear, Honey, I'm just getting to a save point."

"That's what you said almost an hour ago!"

"It was true then, too! Oh shit!"

Marina watched Jeongguk's whole body lean to the left, maneuvering the player on the screen in the same direction as another rapid round of gunfire volleyed between his character and an alien enemy. He had promised to make lunch, which he did not, and hadn't even eaten the sandwich that she had brought to him when she did it herself. He had promised to go to the grocery store with her, which he also did not do, leaving her to handle a two-hour shopping trip on her own while she got food for a house of eight for the week. Finally, when she arrived back home, he promised to help her bring the groceries inside and put them away.

An hour ago.

Really...men were all the same, demon or otherwise.

She wasn't giving in again.

"Jeon Jeongguk, if you don't come help me right now, I swear to god I -"

"Okay," he paused the game, looking up at her with a cheeky grin, "Don't blow a gasket, Honey."

She rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest, "You're lucky our pact makes me think you're cute," she grumbled, swatting him away when he kissed her temple as he passed her at the door.

"That's not the pact," he sing-songed at her, slapping her lightly on the ass, "That's the Jeon Effect."

Marina chuckled, despite her annoyance, watching the shirtless, brawny demon saunter down the hall. She looked back into his room, sighing as she went in to pick up the untouched sandwich and a few soda cans that were laying around. As she bent and picked up the items, her eyes fell on the controllers that were also laying on the carpet haphazardly. Giggling to herself evilly, she grabbed them and scurried over to the linen closet across the hall, hiding them in between the fluffy towels before returning and picking up the plate and cans to toss out in the kitchen.

Humming happily, she dumped the trash and recycling, and began putting away items from the bags she had already brought in. Jeongguk brought in two more rounds of bags, his arms heavily loaded, and put on some music over the sound system before working alongside her.

"The Cowboy Bebop theme, really?" she laughed, "You really are a man-child, Jeon."

"Hey!" he feigned offense, "I'm not immature," he pointed at himself smugly, "I'm delightfully youthful at heart."

"Yes," she nodded, letting him pull her in by her waist, "Just like all the fourth graders," she patted him on the cheek before wriggling away.

Jeongguk scoffed, reaching for her again, pushing his tongue into his cheek every time she evaded his groping hands. They filled the cupboards and fridge, his face seeming to border on annoyance by the time they were finished, having not gotten Marina in his grasp despite several more attempts. Biting his lip he eyed her one last time before stomping back to his room and leaving her to arrange the cold drinks the way she liked them.

"Honey," she heard his voice from across the house, "Where are my controllers?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, Babe!' she called back, snickering as she continued her task.

She looked from behind the open fridge door as she heard him stomp back into the kitchen, "Tell me where you put them, Honey Bunny," he accentuated her nickname slowly.

Marina feigned innocence, "Did you lose them?" she asked cutely, "Maybe you put them away somewhere?"

"You know I didn't," he smiled sadistically, his eyes narrowing as she backed away from the fridge, putting the kitchen island between them, "Tell me. Now."