Game On

I can't take you seriously when you're like this," Marina giggled, backing away from Jimin as he released his crossed eyes and goofy grin, "You're supposed to be flirting with me, not cheesing it up like a goofball. You're making me laugh too much!"

"First of all," he scrunched his nose in a cute smile, "It's scientific fact that women are more likely to fall in love with a funny guy than they are with a sexy guy," he gave her a long wink, "It's not my fault I'm both." He squeaked out some laughter, calming before holding up two fingers, "Secondly, and this is important," he smiled sweetly, "Your laugh carries all around the room. Look around," he paused as Marina began sweeping her eyes across the room, "Hearing your laugh is making everyone happier, more relaxed, and their moods brighter...well...almost everyone."

Marina's eyes landed on Taehyung as Jimin finished his musings. The man looked like he was brooding and contemplating on most days, but at that moment he looked positively pissed. His eyes and the corners of his mouth were held in annoyed tension, his face practically buried into his phone as his stylist tried desperately to work around the constant creases in his forehead.

"We're getting to him," Jimin sing-songed quietly.

"I doubt it," Marina huffed, "He'd have to care in order for it to get to him."

"Care to test the theory?" Jimin licked his lips, "Come here and finish my makeup."

She moved closer, brush and palette in hand to work on his eyes, yelping a little when Jimin pulled her to straddle over his lap. He looked up into her eyes, running his hands lightly on her sides a few times before closing his eyes gently so she could apply the colors to his lids. She held her hand steady, breathing deeply through her nose to calm the pulse pounding at her throat, using the soft brush to sweep lush brown tones over his delicate skin. His eyelid twitched, making his long lashes flutter a little and the sparkles in the shadow catch the light, bringing Marina's attention to the features of his face. 

Looking at him as close as she was, she suppressed a giggle at the thought of how handsome they all were. Truly, they could have been considered the Seven Wonders of the World, with their unique and unfathomable looks. Jimin was remarkably flawless, even barefaced and sleepy first thing in the morning, the makeup she applied simply bringing out the almond shape of his eyes and highlighting his exquisite bone structure. She finished her tasks, but stayed close, simply letting her eyes pour over his fine features. He opened his eyes to see why she had stopped, making her gasp at his knowing smile.

Marina recovered as quickly as possible, turning to grab a small mirror, "There, it's all done except for the hair," she covered her flustered state, "What do you think?"

"Beautiful," he answered, although he didn't so much as look at the mirror, his eyes glued to her own.

Plink!

Stammering incoherently, Marina stood up quite suddenly, making an excuse about needing some air. She bowed quickly, ignoring Jimin's look of concern and confusion, hurrying out the door and to a back exit reserved for use by the staff. Pushing open the big metal door, she gulped the fresh air as best she could, the warmth of the summer not helping to cool her heated blush. Stepping into the sunlight, she felt her phone buzz as she shielded her eyes from the sunlight. She ignored the vibration in her back pocket, fighting to calm the vibrations in her chest as she sought out what feeling was happening inside of her.

Plink! Plinkplink! Plink!

These were not the sweet plucks of a melodious harp, the ones that made her smile and feel warm inside. These were the warped sounds of guitars strings snapping in mid-play.

Plink! Plunk! Plonkplink!

Marina grabbed at her chest, the feeling of sadness and pain overwhelming her. She felt like she was being kicked in the stomach, the crushing feeling making it hard to breathe properly.