Devils

"Marina, get your nose out of your phone!"

Marina held her hand up, eyes still locked on the screen, "I just have like two more notifications." She gasped, stamping her feet on the ground like she was running in place, "God why?" she whined, holding her phone to her heart, "Why is he so beautiful? I can't stand it! Rin, look!"

"Yes yes, he's very pretty," her best friend answered, barely looking, "Can we please focus? These students won't teach themselves." She pointed to Marina's laptop, "We need to submit topics for an hour's worth of conversational English to teach them by midnight!"

"I can't just talk to them about BTS?" Maria took her phone out of Rin's face, looking at it again.

"First of all, we're in South Korea, so don't be trite," Rin admonished, "Second, you know we're not supposed to discuss demonalia with students."

Marina huffed, slumping against the back of the couch, "Who cares if they're demons?" she pouted, "They follow all of the rules, and even keep to themselves and don't even take groupies after shows."

"That we know of," Rin reminded her, "We now nothing about them, other than what they put out on stage or in the media. They could be feeding from a different human every night for all we know."

"Ugh," Marina shivered, giggling, "What a way to go!"

Rin chuckled lightly, "I'm sure you won't be so stoked about it once they start drinking your blood or eating your soul or whatever the fuck it is they do."

"No, I will," Marina nodded her head happily, "They can't do it without permission anyway, or else they get into trouble." She stretched her body like a cat, laughing, "I would gladly give myself over to to Kim Taehyung, if it meant he could fall for me."

"I thought Jimin was your bias?" Rin quirked a eyebrow as she continued to type on her laptop.

"Technically, it's still Namjoon," Maria corrected her, "But I'm honestly incapable of being faithful to one bias when all seven of them look like gods amongst mortals." She rolled her eyes, sitting up to research topics for her class, "That offer goes to any one of them, really. Tae is just especially hot this comeback." She ran her fingers through her hair, "How am I supposed to think of anything else, when I know I'll be seeing them live in concert tomorrow?"

"You better," Rin gave her a pointed look, "If you don't get your research done and sent in for approval, you won't wake up in time to get a good spot in line."

"Sold!" Marina yelled, pointing her finger in the air enthusiastically. She typed some topics into the computer for a few short minutes, hitting a final key and leaning back smugly, "Done. I'm going to talk about the inflation of the won in the current economy, and the fluctuating state of Japan/Korea relations in regards to the entertainment industry."

"You could have done that 24 hours ago!" Rin stomped her foot under the coffee table, "Why did you procrastinate?"

"Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?" Marina winked, standing and lifting her empty tea mug, taking it to the kitchen, "I might have boundless energy Rinnie, but that doesn't mean I have an endless attention span." Stretching again, she twiddled her fingers at her roommate as she strutted toward her bedroom, "See you in the morning, Sunshine."

--{-@

"This. Is. AMAZING!" Marina squealed to the stranger next to her, getting a riotous scream in return.

It was the pinnacle of her twenties...hell, her whole life, and the guys hadn't even taken the stage yet. The cacophony of the crowd grew just as the lights dimmed, the combined sound shaking the stadium on its foundations. Marina's eyes went wide, bulging as the seven men of both her nightly and waking dreams walked onto the giant pedestal before the crowd. As it spun in the center of the stage, each male looked confidently out to the audience, stances alert but nonchalant. As Taehyung came into view, Marina screamed so loudly she thought she would pass out. He seemed to jolt for a second, his impassive face dropping in surprise, just before he made eye contact with Marina herself. Her heart leaped into her throat, his smug smile reaching her over the crowd and causing her pulse to crash through her veins and around in her ribcage. Just as quickly as it happened, it as over, the dias returning him to the rest of the concert.