32 - The Fountain

As Bea walked along her garden path to her fountain, the bumblebees were busy working among the Russian Sage. She planned to spend the morning working beside Julio. How she loved getting her hands dirty.

The fountain looked beautiful in the sunlight. Bill thought she was crazy when she wanted to purchase a fountain from Italy. She teased about the free shipping and had been so excited the day it arrived via PC&S. 

The day before was another exciting day in a string of them. Aidan had proposed to Sage, and her beautiful daughter had earned her doctorate in history. Bea was glad Sage enjoyed teaching. It was a better job than working at the stuffy museum with that arrogant man as her boss.

Smiling, she remembered Aidan's first visit. She knew Sage was more in love with him than she admitted. Mother was always right, and now they were marrying. Bea would have a son and eventually grandchildren.

Bea smiled, remembering the excitement of Bill's proposal. She foolishly had liked another man, but her Bill was patient. Charm can put on the blinders and she was blind until Bill helped her to see. Like so many of their friends, he struggled with taking his place at his father's side in a business earmarked just for him. Petersen Shipping was smaller and not as large as the business the sorcerer of her heart would inherit. Silly girl thought those things were important, after all her friend Celia was engaged to the wealthiest man they knew.

The two young friends had traveled abroad together. She and Celia had loved every minute of their adventure. It was at a small fountain in the courtyard of a restaurant in Venice, that Bea wished for true love. She pictured her charming man, but when she returned after her four-week adventure, he had moved on to another girl. Celia never shared her wish, but Bea didn't care because Bill was waiting for her and asked her to dance at the first social event she attended.

Bill's business had grown through a series of acquisitions which she understood more than she let on. Bill would buy her ten more fountains if she asked, but she never would. The moment she turned the fountain on, she sensed its magic. She believed even though her greatest wish had never come true. At least not in the way, she hoped.

Feeling melancholy, she made her failed wish, but for her daughter. Trust. She wanted to be a grandmother. She thought of all the children she loved as her own. She trusted her fountain to bring the right people together to find true love for each of them.

Thanks for reading and voting ⭐️

Scroll for a special video trailer...

Photo credit:@Sexlim Depositphotos

Photo credit:
@Sexlim Depositphotos.com