14 - Sweet and sexy

"You want me to do what?" Aidan raised his voice.

"Pretend to be my boyfriend and come home with me. When my parents see you don't qualify and we're not in love, they'll drop it."

Not in love, speak for yourself. "Not qualified sounds like I'm applying for a loan. You can say too common, princess."

Why was he angry? None of this was new to him except the fly to Boston and meet her parents part. A part of him was curious to see her house, no mansion. Being friends with Mark, he already knew how the other half lived. A whole weekend with her seemed like a suicide trip. His heart was bound to come back broken. At least, he'd know once and for all he wasn't good enough. Then he could move on. Perhaps there was something to this plan, her parents would reject him and then he could find someone else. He would just have to figure out a way to tell it to his dick. It misbehaved anytime he smelled her scent.

Moving to less intimate thoughts, he said, "I'd feel guilty going and not seeing my family. I can't lie to them."

"It will barely be twenty-four hours. We'll fly out Saturday morning, sit through an awkward dinner and return Sunday afternoon. Pla-eeze!"

"Oh God, why is it so hard to say no to a princess?" He looked up at the ceiling for dramatic effect.

"Oh, thank you!" She flung her arms around him. He was sure everyone in Starbucks was staring, but he lost himself in her intoxicating scent and the misfiring of nerve endings throughout his body as she hugged him.

"I didn't say yes." She looked at him with pouty lips. Her lips were in his dreams, daydreams too. "I just didn't say no."

"It will be so much fun. What's your favorite food? We can have Rosa prepare it for dinner. You'll love Rosa and Julio."

He raised an eyebrow. He didn't know who Julio was, except a part of the domestic help along with Rosa. "See you think of me on the same level as the help. I'm hurt, princess." He put his hand over his heart.

"They're practically family. Don't get all sensitive. Does your mother have a housekeeper?"

"A house cleaner who comes in once a week, but she's not part of the family." They had a woman come to clean for as long as he remembered. His mother never worked after his father started practicing, but three kids kept her busy and the house was always a mess.

"We need a story about us."

"What story? We have mutual friends. We saw each other at Trader Joe's, had coffee and the rest is history."

"Right and bowling was a date and cards with Rachel."

"Exactly." How did she not realize they've been dating without the kisses and the sex. The lucky bastard got those. Aidan was still convinced the guy was shady and didn't deserve her or her kisses. His need to protect her went beyond that of a regular friend.

The night before the trip to Boston, he went out with Mark and Jed. They didn't see enough of each other ever since the two of them were wrapped up in their girls. He saw Jed, but he was usually attached to Marissa. They used to sit around and watch Sports Center or comedies like South Park and Bob's Burgers. He couldn't remember the last time they were alone in the apartment. He had a nagging feeling he may have to cough it up for his own place soon.

Mark was worse. He used to hang out at their place and play video games, but he was always out at events. It was as if he had become an adult overnight. Before he would fight with his parents over obligations. Now with Belle on his arm, he donned his tux and went willingly. Aidan couldn't imagine owning his own tuxedo.