28 - Just say the word

Music was playing in Sage's head. Her head hurt. She was out at the bar with Aidan and Marissa and shots. She groaned. She had been doing shots to erase the memory that she was a stupid fool. She moaned.

"You alive, Princess?"

Aidan, she sighed. She could count on Aidan. Suddenly aware, she pulled her arm back that was flung across his chest. The imagine of him in just his underwear came vividly back.

"Why are you in my bed and what are you wearing?"

"I was afraid to leave you after I carried you to bed. I'm not naked if that's what you're worried about."

"You let me sleep in my dress."

Aidan laughed a full laugh. "Would you rather I took it off you? What are you wearing under it?"

"Oh, right. What time is it?"

"Eight-thirty."

"Isn't it Saturday?"

"Yes, but my sister is coming."

He flipped back the covers. He had on a tee shirt and his boxers and Sage looked as he stood up and put on his pants. When she looked at Aidan in his underwear, she felt things to confirm her attraction.

Thinking of sex brought her mind around to the lying cheater. Did he know she knew? Mortified, she would have to tell Aidan. She didn't want to hear him say he told her so.

"Shower, Princess. I'll take you and Mia to breakfast. What you need is some greasy food to soak up the poison you poured down your throat."

He kissed her forehead and disappeared. Her head hurt, she needed some water and Tylenol. She needed to erase a chunk of memories from her head. How was the humiliation ever going to go away?

Even her humiliation caused humiliation. She had cried on Aidan and smelled him. She was trying to forget by taking in Aidan's musky masculine scent. Then she drank so much Aidan had to take care of her. Shaking her head, she drenched her woes under extra hot water.

Her phone app showed it would be a nice spring day. She dressed the way she wanted to feel. She wore sage cropped jeans and a white button down which was cut to accentuate. It was not baggy like Aidan's although she wouldn't mind acquiring a few of his for her wardrobe. They hadn't discussed anything but breakfast. Still she assumed they'd be walking, so she slipped into her sneakers.

She was prepared for anything with her sunglasses, VISA card and two tylenol in her pocket. One last look in the mirror and she hid the truth well. Two truths were her being hungover and humiliated.

When she knocked on the door below, Rachel answered. "He's downstairs waiting for her to arrive. Go join him."

She stepped off the elevator and approached the lobby in time to see Aidan embrace a young woman. They clung to each other and when they let go they were smiling. She felt jealous, because she didn't have a sibling.

Aidan wore shorts. Although she wasn't sure it was warm enough, she liked his tall, strong legs.

As they approached, Aidan's smile widened when he saw Sage. "My Princess, Sage meet Mia, my baby sister."

Mia slapped him and without warning hugged Sage. She hugged her back. She smelled like vanilla and Sage wondered if it was from her baking.

"We'll let you go see Aunt Rachel and then breakfast."

Sage hoped it didn't take too long. She was starving. In the elevator, Sage looked at Mia closely while she talked about her flight. She only resembled Aidan enough to see they were related. Her skin was dotted with freckles on her cheeks and nose, but her large hazel eyes took the attention away from them. The hazel differed from Aidan's emerald eyes. Her hair was auburn and was thick with a wave. It was the type of hair that was hard to manage, but people envied. Her bright smile told Sage she would like her.