2 - One drink or two?

Sage often changed at the museum for her evening out

Sage often changed at the museum for her evening out. She could make up all kinds of excuses about how it was more convenient, but her apartment was only two blocks away. She always hoped Geoffrey would get a glimpse of her and find her sexy.

She felt sexy in her black dress which clung to her hips and was so short she couldn't bend over. She wore heels that added three inches to her five-six height. Her straight brown hair she typically wore in a bun was down brushing her shoulders. She wore very little makeup, but red on her lips and liner under her eyes to bring out their blue. She could buy her own drinks with the credit card her father gave her, but confidently knew she wouldn't need to.

Her pulse quickened as she took the route from the restroom that passed Geoffrey's office, knowing he was still working.

He looked up and didn't even bother to be discreet as his eyes moved up her body, lingering along the way. When he finally found her face, he said, "Going to a ball?"

She should feel slighted, because he meant the ball remark to remind her he knew she was privileged. She worked hard to prove there was more to her than her wealthy daddy.

"This isn't a ball gown. I'm just going out to have some fun and meet some men to buy me a drink or two." Or three.

She would not pretend. Being twenty-something, she couldn't see at forty, he was beyond drunken nights out.

"What do they get in return?" He took a few steps closer to her.

She could feel his presence as his eyes continued to massage her body. "Only what I choose to give."

She was somewhere between a slut and a virgin. She usually only slept with guys she was dating with a few exceptions.

Her heart stopped, and she froze as he leaned over and whispered in her ear. "Maybe I should buy you a drink sometime."

His breath tickled her earlobe, and she didn't know how she replied so smoothly when a tornado was brewing in her nervous system.

"I'm dressed to go out now."

He smiled. "You go meet your friends. One day, we'll have that drink."

She wanted to pin down a day and get it on their calendars, but she suspected she would have to wait until he decided the time was right.

How was she ever going to work wondering if it was the day he wanted to go for a drink?

He had dismissed her, as if he found her amusing. In her fantasies, their age difference wasn't an issue. He was just condescending enough to remind her of it.

Sage quickly found a taxi to take her downtown. The bar was one she'd been to many times. It was trendy only because there was nothing trendy about it. Instead of the typical glass and chrome, there was a gorgeous wooden bar and wood and faux leather seats. It reminded her of her father's study, but the leather wasn't faux in her house.

Marissa who worked at a brokerage firm was already at the bar with a drink in front of her. She was talking to five guys. Sage recognized one as her friend's crush, Jed. Marissa wanted Jed the way Sage wanted Geoffrey and as best friends, they had confided in one another about their infatuations.

Upon seeing Sage, Marissa let out a squeal and jumped down from her bar stool to hug her best friend. As She introduced Sage to each of the suits, Sage blatantly scanned them much like Geoffrey had admired her. Two didn't fill out their suits as well as the others. She smiled as each man took in her dress or lack of it.

If Geoffrey hadn't enticed her with an invitation, she would probably kiss at least one of them before the night was over. Scanning between the three that passed her first cut, she regretfully had to eliminate Jed, because he was off limits. A blonde guy who like Geoffrey had bronzed skin which didn't match the season bought her a drink. She smiled at him.

He moved close. "So I hear you work at the museum."

She smiled and nodded. "It's not glamorous. I'm a history nerd."

The other viable suit, who stood next to blondie laughed. She smiled at him and noticed his green eyes twinkling.

"You think that's funny?" She asked as a challenge.

He shrugged. "Both my sisters are numbers nerds. Beautiful and smart is a lethal combination."

"Are your sister's beautiful?"

He shrugged again. "I'm their brother "

Blondie said, "Hell yeah, they are!"

Green-eyes didn't look happy blondie was lusting after his sisters.

Blondie continued, "My little brother is a model."

He took out his phone and showed her pictures of his brother in various outfits and poses. Looking at a shirtless one, she said, "I bet your sisters are smart enough to know what to do with this boy-toy."

Green-eyes groaned. Sage was an only child. Teddy Calhoun was three years older, so he looked out for her like a brother.

Sage was never without a drink and as the evening wore on, Sage could tell Jed was as into Marissa as she was him. Sage was laughing out loud to herself as she thought with any luck Jed would literally be into her.

Blondie was trying hard, but he was not Geoffrey. Finally to prove it, she kissed him. His tongue pushed through into her mouth and the kiss was too sloppy. When she pulled away, she wiped her mouth on the back of her hand. "Yuck! You got the looks, but your kiss needs work."

Green-eyes doubled over laughing. She announced to the group. "I'm going home alone." Then she hugged Marissa and whispered loud enough for Jed to hear. "Remember safe sex."

If Marissa was angry with her, she'd blame it on the martinis blondie had bought for her. The same martinis that would make her pass out and hopefully dream of Geoffrey whispering in her ear.

Thanks for reading and voting ⭐️