29 - Deleted the fake

Aidan thought he died and went to heaven. He had wanted to kiss her for months and suddenly she was kissing him. After being stunned stupid, he took part as if he was at an audition. It was the most important job interview of his life for the position of Sage Petersen's real boyfriend.

Her lips were sweet and pliable when he pulled her into him, her curves fit. He didn't want to stop, but in the back of his mind his sister was there waiting.

Pulling away, he said, "Dear God, please tell me you weren't putting on a show for my sister." He felt emotional, as if her answer could break him. This woman held his happiness in her hands.

"I just needed to know what it felt like. If it was real or fake."

"Was it real, because it sure felt real to me?" Aidan might as well have ripped his heart out of his chest and hand it to her.

She smiled and took his hand. "It felt very real."

She pulled him, but he stood firm. "But what about him?"

"I don't want to talk about him. You were right from the beginning. It's over."

Aidan wanted to smile, because he just received every Christmas and birthday present all at once, but he suspected what happened with the jerk was the reason for her mood when she returned from Oregon. It might be over, but she wasn't over it. He was pretty sure those shots were an attempt to forget. Maybe that was why she kissed him, but he couldn't imagine how she couldn't feel the connection between them. It was electric, and he was also sure he would walk around Times Square with a hard on.

Mia smiled at them. "It's a little weird because he's my brother, but I can't wait to tell Brenna. Honestly, guys it was like it was your first kiss. I could feel the magic across the room."

"She's magical. She's cast a spell on me."

Mia turned to Sage. "I've never seen him like this, not even when he was doing who knows what in the cranberry bog with Kayla."

Sage put her arm around Mia. "Tell me all about his other girlfriends."

As they strolled out to the sidewalk, he went to the register to pay the bill. He walked behind them for a few blocks. "Hey Mia, are you done telling my secrets."

Sage reached for his hand. "She was just about to tell me about you wetting the bed."

"I never did that!" What was his sister trying to do?

"I was kidding, but you're cute when you're angry."

Mia said, "That wasn't angry. Angry was when Brenna stole all of his underwear to sell to the girls at school."

"You're kidding!" Sage was glad she was an only child.

Aidan shook his head. "She was trying to get enough money for an iPod. The worst part was the girls were trying to offer them back to me for a kiss or a date."

"Mom just bought you more, but grounded Brenna."

"It sounds stupid. I've seen your underwear, but it's just clothing unless it's on your body. She'd have done better selling pictures of you in your underwear. Does she need money, because I could send her a picture?"

"You don't have one. Do you?"

"Only in my mind." Sage's smile sent shock waves through him.

"Stop TMI!" Mia had her hands over her ears.

Aidan tossaround Sage liking his underwear in his mind like it was a smooth stone in his hand. The woman would keep him hard all day.

They were exhausted from walking with a bit of a sugar high when they returned home. Mia had loved the bakery. Aidan had loved Sage and Mia becoming friends. He wasn't sure if Mia had any idea how wealthy Sage was, but it didn't matter.