The note in the mail

She turns away from me, her black drills blowing in the wind. Her bell earrings make small chiming noises as she moves in the wind. She lifts her big, black dress up as she moves away from me. Her shoes click and clack as she steps away from me.

Only when she's entering the woods behind our house, does she turn back to me and gives a small, elegant wave. 

I couldn't exactly see her from here, but I could clearly picture her face. It was a face full of sorrow, and despair. Her lips would barley be parted, as she gave me a sad smile. I could imagine her voicing the words "goodbye," and then leaving me here to rot.

I don't have much time to blank out though, since my mother is outside my door. In fact, I don't have anytime. I rush over to the door and quickly unlock it.

"Kirigiri, why was your door locked?" She questions me. "Sorry mom. I didn't realize it was." I quickly lie. "Don't lie to me." She commands me sternly. "I saw Celestia in the driveway." She informs me. I sigh, knowing that I've been beat.

"Alright, Celestia was here." My mom looks at me disapprovingly. "You know I told you to stop associating with her." She tells me sternly.

I look away from her. "Yes, mam." I say, trying not to sound angry. My mother gets up and swiftly exits my room. "It better not happen again." She says.

~ A few days later brought to you by my insomnia~

I had been keeping a close eye on the mail the last few days. I never knew when Celestia's letter would arrive, or if she had even sent me one. She promised that she would write to me though.

Am I being too impatient? Today I decide to go out and check the mail again. It couldn't hurt to at least check right? No, that's wrong.

Every time I didn't receive a letter from her, it killed me a bit inside. Is she torturing me like this on purpose? Or maybe she just can't think of what to say to me. To be honest, I have no idea what to say to her either. Maybe that's why I'm waiting for her to send a letter. Maybe Celestia is expecting me to send her a letter, and she's desperately waiting for it. I shake my head to clear up my thoughts. I can worry about this later, I reassure myself.

As I near the mailbox, I can see the door of it hanging open. Damn mailman forgot to close the mailbox again. Because of this klutzy mailman some of my packages had gotten stolen in the past. Even some of my letters had been stolen. I have no idea why anyone would want those though. Or they could have possibly blown out of the box, and rolled away. My excitement increases as I near the mailbox.

Could she have sent me a letter today? I pace over to the mailbox, expecting a letter to be awaiting me. Instead, there's a package. I grumble in disappointment. It had been naive of me to assume that a letter could have been there. I stare at the package confused.

I know I hadn't ordered anything recently. Perhaps my mother had. I grab the package and pull it out of the mailbox, it making a creaking sound.

We should probably replace our mailbox, since it's beginning to rot. I could see the wood on it peeling away, and moss forming on the sides of it. The wood is beginning to turn blackish brown.

The mailbox shakes as I give the package another tug. The package comes tumbling out, with a letter coming out behind it.