Wedding

My eyes widen in surprise. She thinks that I'm actually going to his wedding after what happened? I'd only go if it was ours!

I shake my head at her. "There's no way I'm attending that!" I say in disgust. She slowly tilts her head. "I was afraid that you'd say that."

I let out a soft, "Hm?" I didn't think that she'd give up that easily. I guess that's a good thing for me though.

My mother walks away without saying goodbye to me, just leaving me standing in my doorway. I glance down at my broken right arm. I am quite tired after all of that crying. Also, my arm is killing me. Maybe I can get some pain killers later.

I am about to throw myself down on my bed, when I hear soft foot steps behind me. I look around to see who it is. I bet it's just my mother again.

To my surprise, I see our family's butler standing behind me. I knew my mother wouldn't give up that easily. "No." I state glaring at him.

"Mrs. Naegi wishes for me to get you prepared for the wedding." He informs me. "No." I state again. "I'm sorry, but I can't go against her wishes." He tells me. I start to back up from him, looking for a way out of this. He just steps closer to me, a suit in his arms.

He quickly lashes out, and grips my arm tightly. "Ah, let go!" I exclaim angrily. He just shakes his head, and leads me into the dressing room. "I don't want to go!" I whine at him loudly.

He starts to undress me quickly, before I can stop him. "Stop it!" I yell, somewhat embarrassed now. He doesn't stop until I exclaim, "I can dress myself just fine!" He immediately lets go of me. "Yes, master." He bows then exits the room. I huff a breath of annoyance at him and my mom.

Why can't they see it how I do? You clearly wouldn't want to go to your Ex's wedding!

Togami and I had broken up, right? Well obviously since he's suddenly getting married to someone besides me.

I sigh looking back at everything that had happened since just a day ago.

The gate, Togami, and my arm...

I angrily throw on the outfit, and start pouting. I put the outfit on, but they still can't make me go. I glance at a mirror to see what my outfit looks like. It doesn't look half bad, not considering the few wrinkles it has in it. Oh well, I was probably the one that gave it the wrinkles. Besides, I don't care how I'm going to look in front of Togami. For all I care I can look like I'm fresh out of a dumpster.

I just stare blankly at my reflection in the mirror. The redness around my eyes is still there, but it looks a bit better.

I suddenly hear a knocking sound at my door. I just ignore the sound. Nobody's coming in here. The knocking sound gets louder. I still don't answer the door. "Makoto, I know you're in there." I can hear my father's voice say. His stern voice startles me. Does he have no compassion for me at all? I sigh to myself. My father was never a compassionate man anyway.

I hear a click, as my father enters the room. He stares at me, making me uncomfortable. Why can't he just go away? I sigh once again, knowing that this won't happen. I look away from my father, trying to pretend that he doesn't exist. It doesn't work very well though.

"Let's go Makoto." He speaks to me. "No." I say to him. He glares at me, making shivers run down my spine. "No." I state louder than the first time, new anger rushing through my blood. "So that's how it is." My father says slowly walking towards me. I try not to back up out of fear.

My father is right in front of me now. His stare lingers on me before he sighs. "You mustn't speak of the gate once you are at the wedding. You mustn't speak of your relationship with Togami either." He commands me. At that moment i realize a lot of things.

My dad knows about my escape attempt for sure. He knows what lies beyond the gate. He knows that I tried to escape with Togami. He knows that the anesthesia didn't work on me. But first, I have to confirm my suspicions about being drugged.

"The anesthesia, did you do that?" I ask him. He sighs, then begins to explain it all. "I did. The anesthesia normally works with normal people. For some reason, this medicine does not work on our family blood line. I never thought that this would be a problem, since no one in our family has ever tried to escape." He pauses for a minute, " And make it out alive." He continues.

My eyes widen in shock. I could've been trapped in that place forever. "How'd you find me?" I ask him shocked. "I immediately sent out a search party near the fence. I was scared of this being a possibility since you showed so much attachment to this boy." He starts. "I instructed the group not to exit the gate, just see if it had been unlocked. When they had went outside to check, they had found your body laid outside the fence. You had a black circle surrounding you, with a star in the middle. A supposed witch, Celestia had to come and get you out of the circle. Everyone there claimed that they could not enter it." He looks down at the ground. "I'm glad we didn't burn her..." He murmurs.

"Was it the same with Togami's body?" I ask my father, my heart still aching at the use of his name. I know that I am furious with him, but I still have to know if he's alright. Also, I blame this on the fact of my curiosity.

My father glances at the ground, not making eye contact with me. "Yes." He states. There's something off about the way he answered me, but I choose to ignore it. He's probably still in shock about the whole thing. I can't lie, I'd be shocked if that happened as well.

He looks back up at me. " You mustn't say a word about this." I still feel angry at my father, but I know it's for the best. I just nod, and let him lead me out of the room. I hesitantly look back, wondering if it's too late to change my mind. My father's grip tightens on my arm, answering my question. There's no turning back now.

I sigh and exit the room with my father. He leads me out of the house, and to the car. My mother is already waiting in our black car. I look away from her, still mad about the butler incident earlier.

I open the back car door, and quickly get in. Once I sit down, my mind starts filling up with questions about the wedding. Will Togami talk to me at all? If I was him, I'd avoid me as much as possible. I sigh, knowing that I should put our past behind me. I can't just forget about everything this quickly. I doubt that he can either.