Beyond The Gate

Togami and I eventually make it to the gates, and we slow down our pace. He grabs my hand and kissed it, the last kiss I'd ever get from him. I smile and blush a bit at his actions. "We're here." He tells me. I nod in response, and start examining the gate.

It was a large black gate, with sharps spikes sticking out of it. There was a huge lock around the exit of the  gate. I had figured out that my family had the key to this lock. It was quite lucky actually.

I had been exploring around the house, and ventured into the basement. It had actually been quite creepy. There were fake skulls lined up on a shelf. I found it quite off putting that my family would own these. There were also piles of bones on the corner.

I dismissed these as our last Halloween party's decorations. We normally kept decorations down here anyway. We also stored random family valuables down here. I kept venturing around this odd place. The walls looked to be made out of some concrete material, and same with the floor. I try to walk as quietly as possible, because this place gives me the creeps. It's probably my imagination though.

As I'm walking, I come across a small chest, built of oak wood. It has small Rubys, emeralds, and saffifires carefully placed on it. There was even a golden handle on it. Whatever this chest contained, it seemed to be very valuable. I squint my eyes together as I decide if I should open the chest or not. If I do, an alarm might go off and I would be caught. I probably wasn't supposed to be down here.

Fuck it. I quickly grasp the golden handle and give it a tug upwards. The chest creaks open slowly. I eagerly look inside. I wonder what kind of valuables could be hidden in here?

What? All that's in the oak box is a key. The key is black, and larger than most keys are. It has a small spike on the top of it. The key looks very beat up, like someone has thrown it off a cliff, more than once.

I narrow my eyes in frustration. There's only a key in here?

I was hoping that there would be something of worth in here. Besides, I don't even know where this key leads to. I don't even know if it leads to anything! My family wouldn't keep it if it had no use, right? Or did my family know they even owned this key? I just shrug and place the key back where I had found it. Maybe it will come of use someday.

Well, I was sure right when I thought that. I believe that this key is the ticket to Togami and my's freedom.

This morning I had snuck downstairs and snatched up the key. My parents weren't home at the time, so it was fairly easy to do. All I had to do was watch out for our butler. We used to have two of them, before one of them went mysteriously missing. I shudder at the thought of the missing man. No one knew where he went. He had just vanished.

Side note: At the time, where Makoto lived was just a large house. Later, Makoto and Kyoko would turn it into a castle.

After I had snatched the key, I had hid it in my room. I made sure to place it in a spot no one would ever look. Or maybe you would look there if your weird. I had stuck it in my shampoo bottle. There was no other place as good as that. My shampoo bottle isn't see through, so it works.

When the time had come, I had shoved the key into my pocket. (After i had washed all of the shampoo off of it.) Did I mention that I had accidentally spilt all of my shampoo while I was grabbing the key? (Looks like Naegi has butter fingers) Oh well. It's not like I'd be needing that anyway.

I firmly grasp the key in my hand. It was time. Time to unlock this gate, and all of the secrets that lie behind it. Togami and I would uncover the mystery of this gate ourselves.