Disagreements

Makoto's POV

     "Shut up!" I yell at the top of my lungs. I can't take this shit anymore. I should've known that it would never work out.

I look up at Togami whose face turns from shock to anger. Togami, my boyfriend of three years. It felt like an eternity though. I can't believe that this is happening. I thought that we were inseparable. I guess I was wrong.

"Fine." Byakuya states coldly. I instantly regret what I said. I shouldn't of told him to shut up. I was just mad, and took it out on him. Our relationship is crumbling more by the seconds.

Togami is walking away from me, but I can barely see through my tears eyes. I had always believed that we could power through all of the homophobia. Again, I was wrong. I guess I was just too optimistic for my own good.

"Stop!" I cry out. I can feel hot tears pouring out of my eyes. This can't actually be happening. I see Togami glance at me for a spilt second, and then go back to a walking away from me. He's not going to listen to me. Then I just need to show him.

"Togami..." I croak out, as I stumble closer to him.
"Stop." I repeat again. I can feel his glare piercing through my skin. As I near closer to him I suddenly through my arms around him. There's no way he can get out of this hug. There's no way I'm letting him. I feel Togami turning less tense. He soon relaxes into the hug, patting my head as I cry into his shoulder.

God, I look pathetic now. I hope he doesn't think worse of me after this. If he even sticks around after this, that is.

After what seems like forever, I stop crying. I look up at Byakuya with pathetic eyes. He stares back at me, pity in his gaze.

"I'm sorry..." He whispers to me. "What? Why?" I question him. He sighs, then after a long pause answers me, " We can't be together anymore." I look at him, dismay written all over my face. I just whisper a soft, "No..."He looks away from me, an emotionless expression on his face.

"It's for the best." He says softy. "No!" I screech clinging onto him, starting to cry again. "No, no, no, no, no!" I scream. He just stares at the ground. I just hold onto him, hoping he won't leave.

"It would make both of our parents happy." He explains to me. "Screw our parents!" I say furiously.
"It wouldn't make us happy!" I sob.

He sighs and continues explaining, " No one would accept us." He reasons with me. It's true that most of the people here are homophobic.

"Then run away with me." I beg him. He shakes his head. " I don't want you to abandon your role as a prince for me." He says.

He speaks of this like he has nothing on the line. But that was false. His family runs a huge company. I'm sure the word would get out quick, if we continued dating. Our parents had agreed to keep it a secret for now. But they demanded that we cut off the relationship and get married to a woman at once. The dead point for us to break up was nearing.

"You don't understand." I whisper. "We both won't be happy if this happens." I inform him. He heaves a deep sigh. "I know, but I hope you can move on." He tells me.

Move on? What the hell does he mean move on? Does he think that these things can just pass over this quick? I never knew that he was this ignorant when it came to love. I'd never want to leave him. Unless he wants to leave me.

I look back into his eyes filled with sorrow, and longing. The longing to be held by me again. The longing to be happy with me, and grow old together. But all of those dreams we had? Crushed.

"Run away with me." I ask of him again. It wouldn't be that hard, would it? "I'm too scared of what'll happen." He tells me. "Call me a coward if you'd like." He allows me.

"No, I understand." I tell him. No shit, that was a lie. I didn't understand. In fact I didn't understand at all. Wasn't the risk worth it? Wouldn't he rather live on with me, rather than be alone all his life?

If we were caught running away anything could happen. We might be hung, and left to die. No, they wouldn't go that far, would they? I don't think they do that anymore. At the least, we would get in big trouble. I'm willing to sacrifice everything for him, but maybe he's not willing to do the same.

As if Togami had read my thoughts he said, "Of course I'm willing to give up everything to be with you, but the chances of this all working out, is very low." What did he mean "very low?" Have those people brainwashed him?

"Then we'll face the odds." I tell him confidently. He just shakes his head. "No Makoto. I've already made my mind up. There's nothing you can do to change it." I know that Togami is very strong willed, but so am I. That's exactly why I'm not letting him go without a fight.

"I will change your mind, Togami." I state. It's more like, " I have to change your mind," but I wanted to sound more confident.

Togami just looks at me. "And how will you go by doing that?" He questions me. I state back at him. I have no idea how I'll do that. That's exactly why I come back at him with a question. "What will it take? I'm willing to do anything." He smiles back at me.

"That's my Makoto..." He speaks softly. I smile into his chest. Had I convinced him to stay? There's only one way to find out. "Does this mean you'll stay?" I ask him quietly. "Yes, my dear." He whispers into my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"We don't have long." He suddenly states. I nod my head in agreement. He is right. We are being forced into marriage by the end of this week, at the least. "What's the plan?" I ask him. He just looks at me lightly smiling. " We don't have one yet."

Authors Note-

School started back for me and it's literal hell

❤︎𝕀 𝔽𝕖𝕖𝕝 𝕃𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝔻𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘❤︎