7- Oliver

The car ride to the Blue Moon pack house was quiet.  Alpha Christian sat in the back with me while his beta drove. There was a younger boy in the passenger seat who would occasionally look back at me.  If I had to guess,  he was the beta's son.  I stared out the window,  watching trees pass by.  I kept fiddling with the ultrasound picture in my pocket.  I was arguing with myself whether or not to keep it.  My time to decide was running out.  With everything that had happened, I had no doubt that something bad would happen if I kept it.  I couldn't stop wondering what being a parent would be though. How would I react to the baby's cries? Would I be happy, or would it be a sad moment?

"I feel like you'll enjoy the pack, " alpha Christian stated, breaking me out my thoughts. I looked over at him.  "The pack takes care of one another.  It will be a good environment for you. " He gave me a smile, which I returned with half effort.  I didn't feel like smiling.  "My mate,  Serene, will be there any time you need her.  She likes to help the pack members any way she can." I nodded looking at the back of the seat in front of me.  I felt uncomfortable, especially when the younger boy turned around to look at me.  "Grayson is the next beta, " the alpha said,  making the boy look at him.  "He and my sons will be taking over the pack after the boys go off to training. " Grayson sunk back in his seat as I looked at Alpha Christian confused.

"I didn't know Alphas go to training, " I said softly. The alpha of Cresent moon never went to training. He would just hang around his dad sometimes until he took the pack over.  Was that him training?   Alpha Christian nodded,  a smile growing on his face as I responded.

"Only some packs do it.  I know there are things that I can't teach them, but the camp will train them about using their best judgements as well as some Alpha work, like paperwork." I nodded,  kind of interested in this camp. If Alpha Gavin had gone to this camp,  would he have believed me about what happened? Would he have listen to me over trusting Desmond? The car turned on a gravel road. I looked out the window to see their pack house getting closer and closer.  Alpha Christian put his hand on my shoulder,  making me jump in surprise.  He immediately withdrew his hand and smiled at me sheepishly.  "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." I nodded, pulling my hand out of my pocket, setting it on my lap.  "Are you ready to meet your new pack? "

The car pulled up to the house and I felt nervous. I wasn't ready to meet people.  I just wanted to go hide somewhere.  A woman approached the car and Alpha Christian immediately got out and ran to her.  Her black curly hair waved around as he picked her up and swung her around in a circle. The beta opened my door for me and I slowly climbed out, strugglinga bit because of the crutches.  When the door closed,  the woman looked over at me and smiled before walking over.  She was taller than I was. Her light blue eyes reminded me of Adeela which was both comforting and upsetting.  She grabbed one of my hands and placed both of hers over it.  "You must be Oliver, right," she asked me.  Her voice was energetic but also soft.  I nodded at her.  "I'm Serene. I'm going to be showing you around this pack." I acknowledged her words with a "yes, Luna," and her face went serious.  I was taken back by the sudden change.  "I know that is a sign of respect in some packs but here, I prefer to be called by my name,  not my title." I apologise to her and she got s big smile back on her face.  I was confused and slightly worried about how fast her mood changed.  "You don't have to apologize,  Oliver.  You didn't know.  Come on,  let me show you around the pack. "

I looked at Alpha Christian as Serene started guiding me into the pack house.  She started talking to me about all the different types of rooms and where to go for certain things. As she showed me the livingroom, I couldn't help but feel like I was being looked at.  I looked around,  my eyes connecting with a pair of deep blue ones as sat in a chair. The eyes belonged to a man with black hair, which had longer hair on the top that was parted to the side. He had a blank face as he looked over at me. He looked interested in me but also confused. When he noticed Serene was with me he got up and walked out of the room.   I decided to pay no mind to the man.