37- Oliver

I hummed a melody while I mixed together the ingredients to make a cake. Mason had fallen asleep for a nap a bit ago and the twins had some alpha business to attend to so I was left to make it on my own. I really wanted some cake with ice cream. I decided to have some fun with it and mixed sprinkles into the cake batter. I put the mixture into a pan before popping it in the oven. I looked around the kitchen before I felt kicks in my stomach. I rubbed my stomach and smiled. "I'm as excited as you, but we have to wait," I told them. They have been kicking me more now then they have the entire pregnancy. I sighed as their kicks did not calm down. I set a timer on the stove before sitting down on  the couch. 

I was excited for my pups to come into this world. I knew they were going to be a handful though. I was so happy that Mason was excited about them. It would be even worse if Mason didn't want them here. I looked at the bags across from me and smiled before pulling them over to me. Serene and Christian went out shopping, buying the pups clothes. Serene was so excited for our little girl. She was the most excited out of everyone, if I had to say the least.  I looked through the clothes finding the most adorable outfits for our little princess. Little tutus with sparkles on them and rainbows seemed to be popular amongst the girl clothes while sharks and little bear clothes dominated the boys clothes. What she didn't fail to get was little wolf onesies. She had to have gotten these custom made because I know for a fact that they didn't sell these in stores. 

A sweet odor started filling the house and I couldn't help but smile at the thought of eating that cake. I went to get up and check on the cake when I noticed a mop of reddish brown hair, slowly making his way down the stairs. "What are you doing up, bud," I asked him, waiting for him at the bottom of the stairs. He hugged my legs and didn't say anything as his face nuzzled against my thigh. I recognized this behavior as his 'I had a nightmare' behavior. I tried to pull him from my leg, but he just held on tighter. I brushed my hand over his hair, trying to sooth him. "Baby what's wrong?"

Mason shook his head at me at first which made me frown. I tried to pull his head out from its hiding spot and this time it worked. He had tears welled up in his big eyes, which made me worried for him. "The bad man won't take us away, right," he asked me. His bottom lip trembled as he looked up at me. He only met him once, but Mason was afraid of Desmond. He cried after Desmond left for a solid hour. 

"Nobody will take us away," I told him, trying my hardest to comfort him without sitting down on the ground. "Zander and Xavier would never let anything hurt us." He didn't say anything as his eyes seemed to search my own. I wanted nothing more than to pick him up and hold him in my arms, but I couldn't right now which made me feel horrible. I put my hand on his face and looked down at him. "I promise you everything will be okay." He nodded wiping his eyes on the sleeve of his shirt. I smiled at him. "Mommy made a cake. Wanna see if its ready with me?" He nodded, taking my hand and leading me into the kitchen. I smiled as we checked on the cake together. As I pulled it out of the oven, there was a knock on my front door. "I'll be there in a second!" 

The person waited patiently as I set the cake on the counter before walking over to answer the door. Vicky gave me a big smile as the door opened for him. "Hello, my waddley friend, how's it going," He asked as I stepped out the way to let him in. Mason smiled and ran over into Vicky's arms, telling him about the cake. "That sounds great, but I thought Mommy was supposed to be on bed rest." Vicky gave me a stern look and I sighed, knowing that as the new Gamma, he was going to make sure that anything risky I do gets reported to my mates.

"I'm fine for now, Vicky. I promise. My feet don't even hurt yet,"  I told him. He continued to look at me with a raised eyebrow and I sighed, knowing I would loose against his stare down. "I just really wanted cake. There's nothing wrong with satisfying my cravings is there?" Vicky shook his head quickly, as if he was scared I'd snap at him or something. I chuckled at him. "I take it Mia's mood swings have you scared to death?"

He nodded at me. "Girl can go from calm to screaming at me over a tv show. She cried over SpongeBob just yesterday," Vicky shouted making both Mason and I chuckle at him. "But seriously, let me finish the cake. Go sit your butt down in the living room and watch TV or something." 

"You mess up that cake and I'll be scarier than your mate and that's a promise," I threatened, making him gulp and nod at me. I made my way back to the couch and slowly sat down on it. Vicky let Mason down on the ground, and Mason immediately ran for the toys. I looked at the TV and noticed the remote sitting directly in front of it. "Mason, can you bring me the remote please?" Mason nodded before grabbing the remote for me. I smiled at him as he went back to playing.

His question from earlier popped back in my head. The twins wouldn't let anything happen to us, but what if something did happen? The twins worked so hard on their pack that they aren't always home. What if Desmond attacked while their not around? "Here's your cake," Vicky says interrupting my thoughts. I smiled taking the cake from his hands. After munching on our cake Vicky and I got to hang with each other for a long while. It was actually really fun. We tried to play some board games with mason, but Mason is a cheater so that didn't last very long. We ended up watching tv for a while before Mason fell back asleep. "I'll carry him upstairs." I watched Vicky pick up Mason and carry him upstairs. I smiled before picking up the plates form the table and making my way into the kitchen to wash them.

I heard Vicky come back downstairs and I looked over at him, turning off the water. "You didn't come just to hang out with us, did you, Vicky," I asked him. He looked down for a moment and I smiled. "I'm not upset if that's what you're thinking." I turned back to put away the dished when the baby kicked me harshly. Vicky came rushing over and I patted his shoulder. "Its fine. I'm sure your little man is the same to Mia." He nodded. "Thanks, for coming and making sure we're okay. I know if something were to happen I wouldn't be able to do much. Especially while carrying these pups."

"Its no problem, Ol. I will always be here for you, whether the Alphas tell me to or not. All your friends are," He told me making me nearly cry. When he noticed my eyes watering he started freaking out until I reassured him everything was okay.

The rest of the time, Vicky and I spent playing Uno since it was something that kept me off my feet. I'm pretty sure he let me win a couple of times since the game started pissing me off. When Xavier and Zander came home, they were shocked at the mess we've made with the cards. Vicky helped clean everything up before we said our goodbyes. I walked up to my mates and kissed them both. "I hope you brought me some food to eat cause we're starving," I told them. Xavier set down a bag full of good smelling food and my mouth was watering. While Xavier set up the table and plates, Zander went upstairs to wake up Mason. I sat down and Xavier paused before rubbing my stomach. One of the pups decided to kick him and he smiled widely before leaning down and kissing my stomach. Zander came downstairs with a barely awake Mason on his hip and hooked him up in his seat. I smiled at how caring and loving they both were. "You guys are going to be great dads."

"They already are dads, Mommy," Mason mumbled before nibbling on a piece of chicken. I smiled and nodded, apologizing to Mason for my mistake while the twins just chuckled.