25- Oliver

I stood in Mason's closet as I picked out a few outfits for him. Iris asked if Mason could come stay the night over at her house.  It wasn't far from where we lived now so getting him if he flipped wouldn't be an issue, but for me this was nerve wracking.  Sure Mason has stayed over my friends' houses for a few hours,  but they wanted my baby for an entire day! Mason seemed a bit excited to go over Iris'. "Mommy,  it no fit, " Mason shouted from the room.

I quickly pulled myself out of my thoughts before walking into his room.  Just like every room,  his room in our new house was bigger than the house we had before, probably because it used to be the twin's room. We haven't had time to completely set up his room,  but we were definitely making progress.  I looked at my son to see him trying to shove every toy he had into his tiny backpack.  "Of course it doesn't fit, " I told him gently,  kneeling next to him and laying the outfits on the bed.  "You have too many.  How about you can take 1 toy." Mason pouted at my suggestion looking at the bag he had stuffed with stuffed animals and action figures. I set down the clothes on his bed slowly pulling out the toys.  "Iris will have all the toys you could dream of over her house to play with,  so you don't need to take all of yours."

Mason looked at his toys that were now littered on the ground.  He sighed before picking up Lovey and placing the plushy on his bed.  I absolutely loved that he loved the wolf plush the most out of his abundance of toys. You have a cute pup,  Oliver, Adeela praised,  making me full of pride for our son. I was so happy that Adeela was back with me.  She couldn't remember anything past the car accident, so I've been trying to tell her everything that has happened over these past three years.  "Mommy," Mason said as he picked up a shirt from the pile of clothes I picked out.  I gave him my undivided attention,  but he wasn't looking at me directly.  "You'll come get me if i wanna come home, right? You won't leave me forever?" He looked up at me with big watery eyes,  as if me abandoning him somewhere else was actually a choice I could make. 

I sat down all the way before pulling him into my lap.  "Of course I'd come get you," I told him.  He snuggled into my chest as his tiny hands wrapped around my neck to hug me.  "Baby boy,  you mean everything to me.  I'd never leave you anywhere for too long.  Where did you get an idea like that?"

I pulled him away from his hug and put my hand on his cheek.  His lip trembled but he refused to let them fall as he snuggled into my hand more. "Other Mommys said you were gonna leave me for 'ander and X," he mumbled out.  Hearing him say this made me confused and livid.  Who would say this to anyone's kid? Why on earth would they even think I would give up Mason?

I hugged my son close to me,  kissing his forehead.  "Mommy would never- and I mean never leave you.  We are a team," I told him.  His grip on my shirt tightened.  "Do you still want to go to Iris'?" After the conversation we just had I wasn't sure that he would want to go anymore. He nodded his head, not lifting up from my neck. I had no doubt that my scent was helping him calm down. 

The doorbell rang making me pull back from Mason.  "Oliver, she's here," Zander shouted from downstairs.  I got up and quickly packed up Mason's bag, helping Mason get ready to go in the process.  We walked downstairs and Iris came rushing over to Mason,  wrapping her arms around him.  Despite the large age difference,  Mason was just a few inches away from Iris' height.  It was easy to see that my son wasn't an omega,  and I was happy about it.

Iris' mom,  Jeanine, bowed to Zander and I as the one year old in her hands looked at us and babbled away. I grabbed her hands in mine. "Please you don't have to do that to us. We're your friends, " I told her as Zander wrapped an arm around my waist.  Zander decided to stay and work on things in the office at home while Xavier went and handled things in person at the pack house. "You have my number in case anything happens. He doesn't like the dark so if you could keep a night light on for him it would be great.  Oh!  And-"